3rd Member Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I have been trying to find a good instructional video for removing the third member for service.

I want to do the work myself of removing it and reinstalling to save some cash. I am having a shop redo the bearings and what not inside.

I tackled a front knuckle job based on some great instructional videos I found and was wondering if someone new of one for disassembling the rear end enough to get the 3rd member out.

Somewhere around minute 15 he gets into pulling the axles. You don’t need to pull the housing, just get the truck on jackstands

Hey I have been trying to find a good instructional video for removing the third member for service.

I want to do the work myself of removing it and reinstalling to save some cash. I am having a shop redo the bearings and what not inside.

I tackled a front knuckle job based on some great instructional videos I found and was wondering if someone new of one for disassembling the rear end enough to get the 3rd member out.

Go to my full floating axle rebuild restore thread

I outline the step by steps for removal with photos and a slam dunk way to actually remove it safely too onto a oil proof cradle of humanity

@stinkyfj60 ….😎

I just re-intsalled it this past weekend and it was a hell of a lot easier going back on …

Note : the alternative diff studs I use absolutely the CATS,s MEOW 😸!!!

Go to my full floating axle rebuild restore thread

I outline the step by steps for removal with photos and a slam dunk way to actually remove it safely too onto a oil proof cradle of humanity

@stinkyfj60 ….😎

I just re-intsalled it this past weekend and it was a hell of a lot easier going back on …

Note : the alternative diff studs I use absolutely the CATS,s MEOW 😸!!!

Thank you I will check both of these out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom