3FE Radiator and the Radiator in my Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I have a 3FE and the radiator is leaking slightly in the corner after I replaced most of the cooling system ( new pump, thermostat, complete flush, new coolant, OEM cap, all new hoses). I was looking for radiator replacements and noticed that the fill cap is on the right hand side for the 3FE whereas for the 1FZFE it's on the left hand side. However, in my truck it doesn't have a fan shroud and the fill cap is on the left hand side.

1602113212902.png

Is there a way to tell if this is a 1FZFE radiator actually in my truck? If so, I'd probably want to replace this with another 1FZFE? They're much cheaper than the 3FE ones.

Thanks

Last edited:
The radiator on my 91 with a 3fe has the cap on the driver's side. Where is your fan shroud? Does it overheat with no shroud?

The radiator on my 91 with a 3fe has the cap on the driver's side. Where is your fan shroud?

It never came with one. Yes, so this is some type of after market radiator. I also noticed that the lower rad hose didn't quite fit too well. Had to really jam it on.

That's a later model radiator. The commonly broken nipple is on there that runs to the coolant elbow behind the distributor.

Definitely source the correct radiator AND a fan shroud, especially in LA weather.

That's a later model radiator. The commonly broken nipple is on there that runs to the coolant elbow behind the distributor.

Definitely source the correct radiator AND a fan shroud, especially in LA weather.

Good to know. I'll go for the CSF one, it's pricy but this is something that I only really want to replace once .... As the water pump was a PITA.

FYI - I had a new CSF after my factory radiator blow....had it for about 3 months and it was causing all sorts of overheating issues. I replaced it with an alum. unit and never once overheat again....

FYI - I had a new CSF after my factory radiator blow....had it for about 3 months and it was causing all sorts of overheating issues. I replaced it with an alum. unit and never once overheat again....

interesting, there seems to be mixed results for the CSF radiator. Which Alum Unit did you get?

How much did that run you? I saw their website and it looks like they make custom rads. Also is your EGR vacuum lines plugged? Any issues with visual come smog time?
Not cheap, around $1200 at the time. I didnt want to fool around gambling for another unit to work, so i bite the bullet. I did the EGR delete....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom