3EFI ECU question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a fj40 with the 2F block and a 3 EFI head. It has ran good for a few years. Recently some of the engine compartment wirring has failed due to age/brittleness.
So, I started replacing wires. Came to a point of wires to the ECU, which needed removal/replacement. Thus the following problem... The attached give a visual about this.

From the Toyota 3F-E engine repair manual supplement, Aug., 1988.

Had to replace a few wires that terminate at the center plug connector that goes into the ECU. Had the manual so no worry, but the manual conflicts itself.

The table of the ‘Terminals of ECU’ would read EO1, top row; E02 bottom row; No. 10 top row: No. 20 bottom row, etc.

The table of the connector plug would be in this case, top to bottom, left to right. Top row would be the odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7…) and the bottom row the even numbers (2, 4, 6, 8…).

My confusion is the ISC 1, 2, 3, 4. In the table they are listed in order as ISC 1, 2 ,3 ,4. Which would be interpreted top ISC 1, bottom ISC 2, top ISC 3, bottom ISC 4.

But the connector pinouts are listed as ISC 1 (top row), 3 (bottom row), 2 (top row), 4 (bottom row. So, what is the correct order? 1, 3, 2, 4 or 1, 2, 3, 4. Or does it matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom