3B Motor Mount Location and mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am building a stretched FJ40 and putting a 3B in where an old 2F used to go.

I just received my motor mounts from Awl Teq and have a question about where they go on the frame and how to mount them. The mounts are a work of art so very happy with them. I don't know where they go on the frame and I don't have a reference to figure that out. Also, they are set up like the factor mounts - to be riveted. I had planned to weld them to scab plates and then bolt them on from there but it looks like I should probably just bold directly to the frame given the prepunched holes. Any advice from those who have been down this road before would be greatly appreciated.

So I remember a post that had the info, but cant remember it now, I did snap a screen capture
Screenshot_20170822-215335.png

Ernie,

Thank you so much. That is precisely what I was looking for. I don't know where you found that drawing but I couldn't find it to save my life. Thank you again!

I would have bolted the gearbox to the cross member with the engine attached to the gearbox. This should automatically locate the engine position. Assuming the gearbox is the same as the original in length.

I have it all together right now but the old crossmember is a long way from home for where the new cross member will be. Of course, I should note that this is a 1970 frame so I think it was a 3 speed with the typical gasser. I think I am going to end up doing both engine mounts and the cross member new as a result. No big deal since Ernie provided the factory dimensions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom