33's vs. 35's for my 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm installing 35x12.5's in place of my 285/75/17's tomorrow. Truthfully I've just always wanted a rig with 35's :) A regear (and lockers) will have to be in the works sometime down the road.

Good for you!
I've been running BFG 315/70R/17s for many a year.
If I may make a few suggestions:
8) Renew the brakes. I use Power stop CRK1154/1156. The bigger the tyres, the harder the stopping.
7) Renew the springs and shocks. I use OME 850/863 and N73/74E. (several more lift items needed, many shops have the kits)
6) Renew the alignment. Save them big boys from wear and tear.
5) Renew the gears. I use Nitro 4:88s. I'm in the high Rockies and need the balanced torque.
4) Lock 'em up. I use the ARB RD142 in the rear. Get's me to the slopes safely. I've never needed a front locker.
3) Keep 'em fresh. I have 5wheels/tyres total and I rotate them frequently.
2) Keep 'em properly inflated, dry and balanced. I use nitrogen to keep the moisture/ice out of 'em.
1) Keep on 'Wheelin'.

Note: I can almost see Nebraska from a 14er!

35InchFront.JPG

35InchRear.JPG

Good for you!
I've been running BFG 315/70R/17s for many a year.
If I may make a few suggestions:
8) Renew the brakes. I use Power stop CRK1154/1156. The bigger the tyres, the harder the stopping.
7) Renew the springs and shocks. I use OME 850/863 and N73/74E. (several more lift items needed, many shops have the kits)
6) Renew the alignment. Save them big boys from wear and tear.
5) Renew the gears. I use Nitro 4:88s. I'm in the high Rockies and need the balanced torque.
4) Lock 'em up. I use the ARB RD142 in the rear. Get's me to the slopes safely. I've never needed a front locker.
3) Keep 'em fresh. I have 5wheels/tyres total and I rotate them frequently.
2) Keep 'em properly inflated, dry and balanced. I use nitrogen to keep the moisture/ice out of 'em.
1) Keep on 'Wheelin'.

Note: I can almost see Nebraska from a 14er!

View attachment 3571370

View attachment 3571371

Hey neighbor :)

Great advice. Before I make it out your way I’ll definitely need upgraded brakes. (And let’s be honest regearing!)

Here is a before and after (before are really 34’s).

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg

Love how it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom