300 Dead - Time to Build my 200 (2 Viewers)

Do you like my build ideas?

• No, you missed the mark but we can get you there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sliders on and bp51s installed. Fenders sitting dead even.

Rob says, “It is currently set at ARBs version of “bumper no winch” height.”

Thoughts? Should I bump it up more? I like the way it looks just want to see if anyone had a strong opinion/reasoning on alternative rakes?

0A4EB3E4-9556-454A-BFF9-E803859A1EE6.jpeg

I’ve never seen a squatted land cruiser before. If I was you I’d stay away from being the first person to do such a thing.

It looks great how it is, no reason to raise the front any more unless you add a bumper and want it to level back out once weight settles.

Sliders on and bp51s installed. Fenders sitting dead even.

Rob says, “It is currently set at ARBs version of “bumper no winch” height.”

Thoughts? Should I bump it up more? I like the way it looks just want to see if anyone had a strong opinion/reasoning on alternative rakes?

View attachment 2622308
Carolina squat comes with a lot of appropriate stereotypes. The front end naturally rises upon acceleration. Yours will look silly when loaded.

Carolina squat comes with a lot of appropriate stereotypes. The front end naturally rises upon acceleration. Yours will look silly when loaded.

Yes agree on the squat.

The thought was should I level on fenders or level on the door lines. Door lines would require a slightly bump led front.

Also, agree it looks good now. are you saying at this position it will look funny loaded? My wife and I bought an RV since posting so I’ll be getting a RTT for fishing/hiking trips instead of an off-road trailer like an rpod.

Yes agree on the squat.

The thought was should I level on fenders or level on the door lines. Door lines would require a slightly bump led front.

Also, agree it looks good now. are you saying at this position it will look funny loaded? My wife and I bought an RV since posting so I’ll be getting a RTT for fishing/hiking trips instead of an off-road trailer like an rpod.
Yes. Level or close to it static and unloaded will result in a negative squat while driving or with anything additional in the rear. Recommend at least 1.5-2” of rake front to back.

Listen to Rob.
Agreed. Classic form/ function. We are trying to balance the two.

I love it, cuz I think under load the window line will be level and unloaded the fenders will be.

Rob had mentioned a few people bumping front to make window line level unloaded which he didn’t love but understood the request.

I figured this convo would spark a healthy convo. At the end of the day I trust Rob 100%.

I think he has his with a 1 inch rear to front rake, if I recall correctly.

I have about an inch of rake and find it perfect.

Awesome! Do you have any more?

No had only for my personal use, but can explain how to get it as was recently doing the research with couple folks on this forum. Just PM me. Be ready to pay around $1400-1500 with delivery. Shipping is half of it. ;)

I’ve never seen a squatted land cruiser before. If I was you I’d stay away from being the first person to do such a thing.

It looks great how it is, no reason to raise the front any more unless you add a bumper and want it to level back out once weight settles.
He is in the carolinas... to justify his appeal to the carolina squat haha

Reactions: MDK
I forgot to update y'all after the installs.

Wheels and tires arriving next week. Will update again.

Also, bonus check is coming (wife's letting me keep a little) so ordering either the ARB or TJM front bumper and a 10-12k warn winch. Having Rob install both for me cuz I am useless.

Once done, I will be planning a trip out to uwharrie national park (did a bunch stock, should see a slight improvement)

Also Rob shot a video of the full BP51 install that he still needs to edit. Just FYI if anyone needs it.

IMG_4040.JPG
IMG_4042.JPG
IMG_4043.JPG
IMG_4041.JPG

I forgot to update y'all after the installs.

Wheels and tires arriving next week. Will update again.

Also, bonus check is coming (wife's letting me keep a little) so ordering either the ARB or TJM front bumper and a 10-12k warn winch. Having Rob install both for me cuz I am useless.

Once done, I will be planning a trip out to uwharrie national park (did a bunch stock, should see a slight improvement)

Also Rob shot a video of the full BP51 install that he still needs to edit. Just FYI if anyone needs it.

View attachment 2633270View attachment 2633271View attachment 2633272View attachment 2633273
Since you didn't ask for an opinion TJM will look good!

Since you didn't ask for an opinion TJM will look good!

Yeah I had read somewhere that the TJM wasn't as safe as the ARB. Agree it would look good, I was leaning that direction but Rob showed me an ARB install he did and it looked really nice. If I can find pic will update. Thanks for the opinion :)

ARB crushes better on impact than TJM ? ... it comes down to what you plan on hitting or not hitting ? I seen a few test on the TJM look pretty solid , if your concerned about impact leave the Tupperware bumper on , I think any bumper modification could put liability on you if you are the one who installed it .
I have a TJM T13 I have not installed yet , I'm just waiting on a few more parts , may just run the 200 for another summer in stock form and should have enough parts to keep me busy for the winter , living in the northeast of the country I don't drive the the 200 in salt / prime destroys everything .
I want that bumper but being in the USA not available .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom