300 Dead - Time to Build my 200 (1 Viewer)

Do you like my build ideas?

• No, you missed the mark but we can get you there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I found a thread with some decent pictures and a few conversations around carpet and one user promised a step by step but I couldn't find anything. It's cold today in NC so my next sunny day I will work on it some more.
There is an arb drawer thread on here somewhere, where at the very least you can read similar frustrations from previous installers.

My advice, keep at it, it makes sense at some point. there are 4 attachment points to the vehicle. Just make those work with the spacers and that's the hard part if i recall correctly.

I think it is very similar to what I was thinking for my 17' when I get started ( my wife is still driving it since I haven't replaced it yet for her..yet)..
personally I would do the 34's, and also do the gears with 3.9's and lockers. East coast gear here in Raleigh stocks them and the E-lockers so there is a choice. I'm honestly conflicted on which is a better choice since I am about to pull my front ARB again to do the internal seal on it but it an older design for the D90..
The LC traction control is excellent, but a locker is always helpful especially in Wet Red Clay mud like we have here. and the 200 stock is a heavy truck, loaded even more so. But it really depends on how your going to use it, I would do them last, so you can tell what gearing you really need with the tire and weight.

I have the same looking LC but mine is a 2019 , My big work / toy hauler truck is a 2019 GMC 3500 and have been geting all the alerts on the new EV hummer , love the concept and look but too much crap to break and never buy the first year of anything .
I have been collecting parts for my build , my TJM T13 just came in yesterday ... with the big parts make sure you have a loading dock or picking up at a Terminal . I have the Slee rear on order and side bars .
With the TJM T13 you either can go with a Warn Zeon is a squeeze or 9.5xp but any big frame winch I can’t verify that would fit .
I have a few winches sitting around the shop and just picked up a brand new 9.5xp and adding the up grade control module with a syn line , that may end up in my TJM .
I got a pretty good deal on 5 new TRD rock warrior wheels. 2k shipped is a lot but was the best I could find compared to what was out there .
Rear bumper is the Slee , waiting to get a deal on Chaos rear links , I like the ability to fine tune pinion / driveshaft angels.
Tires I’m torn 285/75r17 vs 305/70r17 but the 305 are going to require more work , Just may do Nitto grappler Trail has a little more tread for me I’m in PA/ NJ area aka sand and mud .
Still in parts gathering mode .

I'd move those rock sliders as high on your list as you can. You already tempted fate smashing up the stock steps. I've heard those door sills are either impossible or extremely costly to repair. I landed my truck on my Slee slider-steps coming off a ledge on my second trip out, and I was really glad that I bolted them on correctly.
One thing I don't understand on your list: BP-51 is a suspension setup, so what is an Icon rebound?
Nevermind, I googled Icon Rebounds. They are wheels. The word rebound made me think it was something suspension related.

Last edited:
I'd move those rock sliders as high on your list as you can. You already tempted fate smashing up the stock steps. I've heard those door sills are either impossible or extremely costly to repair. I landed my truck on my Slee slider-steps coming off a ledge on my second trip out, and I was really glad that I bolted them on correctly.
One thing I don't understand on your list: BP-51 is a suspension setup, so what is an Icon rebound?
Nevermind, I googled Icon Rebounds. They are wheels. The word rebound made me think it was something suspension related.
Apparently the Rebounds are wheels.

Edit: Damn, you got me with the edit:doh:

Okay all. I had a hard time getting the BP51's, Rob had to work some magic to get me them. LC is at BudBuilt this weekend and having everything installed (armor, shock gaurds, rock sliders, arb boxes). He is going to send pictures for me to share.

The Rebounds (yes, wheels lol) and the STT Pros are on order (3-4 week delay). Will add pictures once they are installed.
Icon Alloys Rebound 17x8.5 +25mm
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT285/70R17

WIll let you know what I do next. Excited to take it up the mountain this summer!

Okay all. I had a hard time getting the BP51's, Rob had to work some magic to get me them. LC is at BudBuilt this weekend and having everything installed (armor, shock gaurds, rock sliders, arb boxes). He is going to send pictures for me to share.

The Rebounds (yes, wheels lol) and the STT Pros are on order (3-4 week delay). Will add pictures once they are installed.
Icon Alloys Rebound 17x8.5 +25mm
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT285/70R17

WIll let you know what I do next. Excited to take it up the mountain this summer!
You are in good hands with Rob. 👍🏻

Yeah 100%. He has walked me though dozens of scenarios and really wanted to know what I wanted. Super custom to my needs. Rob is the best.

I almost voted “total failure” just to be an a$$ but two other people beat me to it. 😂🤣😁

ARB Boxes with trim kit Installed by BudBuilt. I lost the fasteners and Rob searched around town to find me some. Went out of his way, huge help!

973A3641-749D-46F6-8C63-736C17756ADE.jpeg
117E5284-1CAF-485E-BACF-A4E2B6C9DFC9.jpeg
26141FF8-F97E-49BE-A5E3-3A85A76CBDA7.jpeg
41EB19E0-BB61-487F-BF78-3274DDD90ACA.jpeg
E34F5080-9E4B-47FB-AE6F-D1FBAC81E5FD.jpeg

Those type bolt on's are not really functional , all they do is mutiply damage on impact , ARB makes a complete bumper with a fake stainless bar is just for looks .

Australia. One member sourced and shipped a bit ago.
Try searching push bar

I know its an unpopular opinion but half if not most of that stuff is not needed for off-roading or overloading, but then again it all depends on what you plan to do. Take the vehicle out in its stock or current form and go from there, I would start there.

I know its an unpopular opinion but half if not most of that stuff is not needed for off-roading or overloading, but then again it all depends on what you plan to do. Take the vehicle out in its stock or current form and go from there, I would start there.
Yeah I would say the armor/skids are needed for my use case. Look at this fuel shield. But agree for most part.
2900EE51-CF10-4C80-80F8-66E22DFA9F86.jpeg
08635E5D-75DD-400E-8759-2BB724A484A2.jpeg

Those type bolt on's are not really functional , all they do is mutiply damage on impact , ARB makes a complete bumper with a fake stainless bar is just for looks .
Yeah was hoping it was cheap so I could have a more aggressive look until I buy a front bumper. Looking at the Rhino 4x4 option. Don’t want to sacrifice safety for looks though. Thanks!

If it wasn’t for the atrocious MPG we would have never wanted a aux fuel tank, but since we tow on and off road we went with one big enough that we wouldn’t be in fear of running out. That snowballed because of the spare tire relocation. Next thing you know you’re gonad deep on mods and pressing further into deeper waters...

Australia. One member sourced and shipped a bit ago.
Try searching push bar
It was me who sourced it. Great bull-bar and not damage multiplier as one of the above posts has stated. It is a proper bolt to the frame mounted from front and bottom. If you have any questions PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom