3 Week LX470 New Owner Update - Lots of Miles, Updates and Helped Needed on Leaks and No Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings Everyone,
First off I wanted to thank everyone who has helped either answer my ongoing questions or have posted helpful posts in the past.

Since buying the LX I have been giving it some TLC and making it my own. At the end of the day its still a 20 year old car with 200k miles but damn i cant stop driving this thing.

So im winding down my baselining and my monetary input keeps adding up. I really need help figuring out the following:

A water leak that seems to be coming from the sunroof area. The shop said the drains were clean and even plasted some air through them to be sure. Its a decent amount of water to where if I brake heavily, several large drops spilled on my head. Or it just seeps onto either front seats.
Im thinking the seal or maybe the roof rack.

Then the lights... lexus said this in the past records:

INOPERATIVE-FUSE KEEPS BLOWING ~|~TRIM/ELECTRICAL-TAILLIGHT INOPERATIVE-FUSE KEEPS BLOWING ~|~CHECK WIRING-SHORT GOES AWAY WHEN DISCONNECTING REOSTAT{DIMMER SWITCH}TO DASH LIGHTS. LEFT SWITCH DISCONNECTED SO CUSTOMER CAN DRIVE VEHICLE ~|~WITHOUT BLOWING FUSE FOR TAILLIGHTS. PROBLEM IS EITHER IN DASHLIGHT CIRCUIT OR INTERNAL DIMMER SWITCH.

The rheostat has since been hooked up again to get the climate control lights light but it blew a fuse again. For the sake of not throwing money down the drain, does anyone know if its just the dimmer switch going bad to cause this?

Overall its been a little frustrating but I keep gelling with this thing. Ill add my updated spreadsheet of tasks if anyone is interested.

Also does anyone have the link to a post outlining AHC service? Planning on doing the AHC fluid change tomorrow and have gone through some of the threads related to this system but cant find the one about torsion bar adjustments. I believe member Paddo may have posted it.

Does your sunroof work? If yes, I'd check the weatherstrip. Mine leaked from area where the weather strip touches the sunroof glass, not where weatherstrip touches body. Also could check the alignment of the glass and seal.

If sunroof doesn't work (like mine) you can always use silicon sealant to seal it up. I used a caulk tool to keep it smooth.

It works, I was thinking of checking that seal as well. Im hoping its something straight forward.

There's a diy write up for weatherstrip replacement

I haven't had the problem but have seen posts that mentioned a clogged drain tube. Evidently there is a gutter inside of/under the glass where water travels to a tube and down to the ground. Test this tube to see if water will pass to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom