3 of 4 Power windows stopped working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday I rolled down all of my windows because it was a nice day. I noticed the DS rear window hadn't rolled down all the way, so I tried to roll it down more and it didn't move. I then tried rolling up the other windows to see if they worked but they also didn't move. The only ones that work are the window right next to me and also the sunroof. I hadn't been messing with the window lock or anything like that, they just all stopped working randomly at the same exact time. Anybody know what could have caused this? I'm not experienced with anything electronic or wiring so anything helps.

Thanks!

I put one up or down at a time. Did you do all of them at the same time? I would imagine a fuse has popped. I hope someone smarter than me chimes in. Weird it is three and not an even number.

I'd be looking at dirty window channels or hardened 'window belting'.

You can operate one window at a time and watch the ammeter on your dash for a spike (indicating) the circuit itself is working.

As the window lift motors get old they tend to lose power. Combined with window regulators that need lubing, dirty window channels and hardened rubber on window belts, the windows (especially those infrequently used) can stick.

May not be your issue, but worth looking at.

Mine does the same thing pretty consistently. They will all work for a few days then all of the sudden only the driver side front works. Usually I can wait a few hours and they work again. Sometimes I can get them to work by mashing on the window buttons on the driver door switch. I replaced the driver door switch and it works perfectly for a month then back to it intermittent issues. I have nut replaced the runs or lubricated them yet but to me its more of an electrical issue. Yours may be different. My guess is a faulty motor or something. I can't figure it out. I just enjoy it when they work.

The switches go. Try swapping the reliable switch with the ones not working. I've also removed and rebuilt the motors to ensure there is nothing mechanical binding internally. (Be careful not to drop or mishandle the glass). The switches are pretty cheap and easy to change.

You do have window lock switch on the drivers panel. It locks out the 3 windows your talking about. Leaves the drivers window on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom