2UZ-FE stand alone harness? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey 100 series guys, Sethzilla here from the 80 series world.
I recently picked up a 2002 Tundra drivetrain to swap into my offroad buggy.
Engine, tranny, transfer case all connected. Harness on the engine and ECM to go with it.
Wondering if anyone can help me with finding a company that makes a stand alone harness to put onto my chassis?
When I plug in the ECM it appears I'm missing 2 plugs. Possibly from the main harness?
I'll attach a pic for reference.
qdExQjk

Those go to the chassis/dash harness. Get a pin out diagram from the FSM and you'll know where everything goes.

i wired my own , in the 55 some time ago . there are 2 shops that do 3.4 swap harness .ORS , and Toy only swaps . i have not seen anyone advertise a 4.7 harness . . i was waiting to see if anyone else had some good leads . we do quite a bit here in utah , tons of 3.4 swaps , some old 1uz harness ,and twin turbo 2jzgte , in 4runners . the only 4.7 we have is not close to wiring time ..

Thanks for your responses guys.
Another question for you both, can I run the motor with out the ECU? Or do I need one to make the ECM run?

ecu /ecm same thing . box that controls engine is needed . HKS makes stand alone ecu systems to control the engine , but not cheep , a while back toyota had a Marine division that had a stand alone ecu for the 4.7 for boats . there are some of those ecus around .

Any more info out there? I've got an 85 pick up and a 2uz that need to come together.
I've looked at a harness from suprastore.com. love to see some experience though

Go chop out those missing plugs from the auto wreckers. The wires go to fuel pump, gauges, etc to the chassis side of the vehicle. Check the FSM for pin outs.

I am driving a fj55 2uz combo that i put in in 2000 , as my dailey driver . and i wire either by mail order or as part of a swap .one 3.4 conversion harness a week . is that enough experience

I am driving a fj55 2uz combo that i put in in 2000 , as my dailey driver . and i wire either by mail order or as part of a swap .one 3.4 conversion harness a week . is that enough experience

What’s your cost for the standalone harness? I could provide the complete wiring harness for a 100 series.

XAT has some fun goodies for the UZ platform. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it's a full standalone.

i wired my own , in the 55 some time ago . there are 2 shops that do 3.4 swap harness .ORS , and Toy only swaps . i have not seen anyone advertise a 4.7 harness . . i was waiting to see if anyone else had some good leads . we do quite a bit here in utah , tons of 3.4 swaps , some old 1uz harness ,and twin turbo 2jzgte , in 4runners . the only 4.7 we have is not close to wiring time ..
I just read this. I’m thinking of doing this also.
Did you post any pics of your build anywhere?
If not can you post a few of your engine bay?
Thx

ok this will be in several parts , most of my cool pics of the build up are locked on birfield.com . but i will try to pull as many off my defunct hard drive as i can when i get off work .
Pigs name is fj55-100 as the merger of the 2 rigs suggests . also by the surname zebra pig (my kids) that eyesore (my boss) and sister wife 2 (now that i live in utah).
Paint color is artic camo put on by Robert that used to work for spector off road ,that i purchased the pig from in a attempt to fit all the camping gear needed for a weeks time in the desert for the family .my fj40 was way 2 small .
concept was formed in 97 looking at the new toyota v8 prototype thinking how cool it would be to ditch the 350 chev and build a waggon using all toyota parts .
build started in 2001 , where i gutted the pig . and inserted a lexus 4.7 v8 engine / transmission transfer case . the computer chosen to drive it was a pcm from a 2002 4x4 tundra to aviod having a key with a chip. the harness was hand built with only the nessary equipment . the trans tunnel was moved up so that there would be nothing that would hang down below the frame rails . all new floor was formed . all mounts custom made by me . with the drive train in place the stock radiator was remounted . rear heater was removed as the hump in the floor was large .
Axels are stock 55 in the front with a 80 series e-locker fit in the housing .aussie inner shaft mates the two.the birfields have changed a few times in the years since ,went from Smurfields . to longfields . to stock .and back to longfields . disc conversion from a mini truck w/vented rotors . the first of only 2 non toyota parts , marlin crawler high steer arms .
rear axel is a non usa full floater with/e-locker .rear disc brakes . . driveshafts were toyota cv shafts that i made and used adapter hubs i machined out of 2"steel . lockers arecontrolled by the factory switch and computer that pulls them in and disconnects them without overrunning the motors .
Steering is fj60 box , controlled by the 2uz pump and linked by 80 series tie rods shortened and rethreaded. stock coulmn has went to a 76 to gain the key in the column .
Suspension is stock springs.Spring over..stock shackles custom track bar .
Fuel is the second part not toyota.a 50 gal tank with a 1/2 " crash skid plate surounding it . Stock 100 series fuel pump was installed in the tank as were several baffels . all were installed in stock location so i could replace the pump through the stock acess hole if needed .
All under side protection was designed as tube so the motor could rid the heat . trans, engine,transfer skid plates all of tube . Side nerf bars are IPOR plates that i welded tube to . rear rocker bars to keep from bashing in the overhang . and seleced bars fitted into the inner panels and doors to keep out rocks .
Interior is a set of Lexus Gx470 seats/w heaters .stock rear for the kids , a SOR healiner kit . all fit over a floor coating of polymer/cermanic that they use on the space shuttle , to keep the catalysts from baking me . the rubber mat was reused for cleanup . a console box to hide the cb . all tie points in the interior welded in to keep junk from flying in a rollover .
Stock Ac from several doner years . fitted to the 4.7 compressor .
functional snorkle . even though it does not rain much in Utah .
Sent the stock alternator out to Premier power welder had it made into the welder generator . used it many time so far for trail welds ,even use it at work .
Added the supercharger later . as i found a used one . one of the best mods . keeps me out of the throttle as much . unless in the sand dunes .
70 series turnsignals . roof rack . powertank . onboard air . more crap stuck into every hole . even cut a 12 x12 hole in the pass floor and made a box in the floor . made ammo boxes fit onto the inner front fenders to store oil,gear lube , and other stuff i did not want leakin inside the cab . all new door seals window seals .rear window seals .quarter glass seals . extra additional door seal on the body side .
I can fill a book with the things i have forgotton . if you have a suggestion for pics . in perticular .
i will try to find them . most of you know my mods better than i do .
All work was done by me , from the welding , to the seat uppolstry , lathe work , mill work , tube bending , .
ALL parts were from a TOYOTA eccept the 2 listed .
Ammendments to follow
Pics to follow
FJ55-100
Evan jenkins
Saint George UTAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom