2LTE | LJ78 | Transmission Oil - Check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a question regarding the method used for checking the transmission oil level in a LJ78.

Is this done with the engine hot and running or engine off and hot?

Keen to get your thoughts on this as I am getting inconsistent readings after I swapped the transfer case.

Automatic or manual? For the auto I believe it is transmission fluid up to temp, transmission in neutral with engine running.

Thanks @AirheadNut. This is for an auto transmission.

Yup, engine needs to be running.

I wrote a procedure for doing a DIY flush....a few times. I can find if you want. I do it every 2-3 years with 15L of ATF (because I tow).

Yup, engine needs to be running.

I wrote a procedure for doing a DIY flush....a few times. I can find if you want. I do it every 2-3 years with 15L of ATF (because I tow).
Thanks @GTSSportCoupe

Flush procedure will be much appreciated.

Ended up adding another 1.3L of ATF today after a 45 min drive and engine running to get it to the "hot" reading.

My "cold" reading in the morning is just below the "hot" mark, were prior to filling it up today, my "hot" reading was at the "cold" mark (after a long drive).

I take the "cold" mark is a rough guide with the hot mark being the true reading.

Will monitor it over the next couple of days.

Thanks @GTSSportCoupe

Flush procedure will be much appreciated.

Ended up adding another 1.3L of ATF today after a 45 min drive and engine running to get it to the "hot" reading.

My "cold" reading in the morning is just below the "hot" mark, were prior to filling it up today, my "hot" reading was at the "cold" mark (after a long drive).

I take the "cold" mark is a rough guide with the hot mark being the true reading.

Will monitor it over the next couple of days.

Here it is. Let me know if you have questions:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom