2LTE head white 'T' mark? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Took my valve cover off a couple weeks ago to replace the seal and inspect my valve train. While I had the cover off, I noticed a white 'T' mark on the head.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this mark on other 2lte heads before and what it means. I know some of you (crushers...) have replaced multiple 2lte heads before, so may have seen it. Is the mark only found on new Toyota heads? Wondering if the head on my 2lte might have been replaced when the truck was still in Japan.

I did find a picture from a fellow on the forums here who replaced his 2lte head with a brand new Toyota head, and the new head had the same marking.

Here is the picture of my head with the mark:
SAM_0112_zps8cc36f3f.jpg

SAM_0117_zps01e46ebf.jpg

Here is a picture of the brand new Toyota head that Rummat81 on the forums here put on his engine a few years ago. Has the same mark (two in fact):
NewHead_zpsd5c3af38.jpg

Wayne will say it stands for terrible or troublesome. :lol:

Haha! Yeah, I'm sure he'll have something to say alright. If he is around still...don't see him post much anymore.

I'm amazed the head on my LJ78 has not had any issues since it came to Canada 8 years ago. That is why I'm curious to know if this mark indicates it was changed before (would have been done in Japan).

turd

Hell!! I never noticed that.
Maybe a Quality control Mark.
BTW your engine bay is really clean. Nice work.

Hell!! I never noticed that.
Maybe a Quality control Mark.
BTW your engine bay is really clean. Nice work.

Yeah, you could be right. Thanks for the compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom