2h electrical issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. so for the past couple weeks i've been trying to sort out some electrical issues with my 2h 1985.

it's mainly related to the glow plug setup (its a superglow setup). The fusible link that would usually run the glow plug set up has been fused out with a replaceable fuse holder (it blows a 30amp fuse). I figured there must be a short in the system however if I bridge the fuse holder with some general auto wire, the system starts and runs fine. Should I replace the ad-hoc fuse holder back to a fusible link (I know they can be run up to a higher voltage for a short period of time and still be fine - what is needed for starting i guess).

Secondly, it seems my alternator is shorting out somehow and running back into all of the electrical connections. If I plug a multimeter into say my cigarette lighter, its showing 14v, same with everything else, plus my dash lights and accessory lights are super bright. Anyone know where there might be a short or what is the cause of this?

Thanks folks. One would have thought wiring on an old beast like this would be easy.. it's a pain in the arse.

I have adjusted to charge more because modern batteries can handle more, designed for more than 30 years ago.
Pictures here: 24V glow,alternator,dome,buzzer,battery, electrics

Also the fusible link should be correct wire size, I have not figured it out yet, others have.

file.php

24V glow,alternator,dome,buzzer,battery, electrics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom