2f starts, but won't run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Choke and foot on floor do not correlate well. The choke is restricting air at the top of the air inlet, then you’re trying to let more in at the bottom.

What do you mean you switched carb? Is it still an Aisin? Is it correct for your year? Is it new, rebuilt, off a known running engine, etc?

Need to know what carb is on it and the condition. Then, what settings as far as mixture screw, vacuum sources plugged or hooked correctly, etc. Pics may help.
The new carb is a chinesium Aisin clone. It is the correct carb, and the mixture settings weren't changed from "as assembled". Yes, the carb is installed correctly, with all connections secured.

You’ve reached the stage of troubleshooting where I would start hitting the motor with a hammer. But just to save other people time… you said that the truck starts, but in your last post “still no starting”. Safe to assume you can still start it with choke?
No, we've gone from "start, runs a few seconds, then dies" to "cranks, but doesn't start".

Could there be air trapped in the fuel line(between the tank and filter/pump)?
Maybe, but the bowl is full, so even if the pump wasn't supplying fuel, it should at least start.

Where is the fuel level in the sight glass?

Try lightly bottoming mixture screw then back out 2 turns.

Is the primary throttle blade fully closed or open at all? Try opening it small amounts if closed. Try closing it small amount if open.

Is there an idle solenoid on it? Is it working?

Pics would help.

And I’d check the oil too and make sure it doesn’t smell like fuel in case the carb is flooding your cylinders and that fuel washes past your rings into the oil.

And does your new carb have an idle cut-off solenoid? If that isn’t plugged in or it doesn’t work… maybe that’s the cause. Wild ass guess.

Where is the fuel level in the sight glass?

Try lightly bottoming mixture screw then back out 2 turns.

Is the primary throttle blade fully closed or open at all? Try opening it small amounts if closed. Try closing it small amount if open.

Is there an idle solenoid on it? Is it working?

Pics would help.
Fuel level is slightly above the centerline of the sight glass. There is a solenoid, but the connector doesn't match the harness, so I have to install a jumper. As to the rest, I have another project that requires my attention for the next few days. I'll post back when I'm able to get back to it.

Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom