2F rebuilds options?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all!

Due to time and garage constraints, I'm considering purchasing a quality rebuild. I know SOR sells em and MAF has some performance 2fs.... just wondering if there are more/better options.

Thanx!
Yo Han

Take a look in the manufacture's corner on this site. David in Atlanta is offering rebuilt engines. I don't know what he offers, give him a call.

Give JT outfitters a call also, I think at one time they where sitting on a bunch of rebuilds, I don't think you even had to worry about a core.

will look in to both those options, thanx fellas!

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=7185;start=msg59734#msg59734 date=1068129555]
Give JT outfitters a call also, I think at one time they where sitting on a bunch of rebuilds, I don't think you even had to worry about a core.
[/quote]

No sale...he got outta that business, soundz like one got real sour on him, so he stop doing rebuilds.

Thanx tho!

I bought from rising sun, they are good to deal with. They shipped everything they said they would and shipping did not cost as much as I thought. I am sure you could rebuild the engine for about the same as they offer them. I bought a 2F to replace my F, so I cot the 2F and it did not need to be rebuilt.

If I were going to get a 2F when I already had a 2F, I would rebuild it myself or look for other alternatives. I.e. I am sure there are folks that have a 2F that may not have to be rebuilt for some time.

just got off the phone with the guy there.... nice guy. No rebuilds on the 2fs, just used. I do currently have a 2f, just looking for a good rebuild.

Thanx!

i'm having my 2F rebuilt right now. I looked into a remanufactured one but my mechanic would trust anything with less than a year warrenty. Everything i found was 6 months or less.

Bought oversized pistons and all from pac lift and the parts seem really good quality.

Just got the block and crank back from the machine shop and they look brand new -- amazing what a nice acid bath will do. Anyway i'm paying Jim Chenoweth (sp?) to rebuild the carb and recurve the distributor (i'm desmogging too). Once it's all done i'll let you know the total damages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom