2F HOLLY SNIPER EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about some pics of your pump, filters and plumbing.
Again! Post some pics of the install. We might spot something obvious.

What do you mean Wacked Out?
IAC is bouncing around, or just not between 2-10%?
If the IAC is closed and it's idling high, air is getting in somewhere. Throttle is slightly open, or you have a vacuum leak.

...vacuum line, PCV, Brake booster, gasket, manifold... lot of places for air to get in.
Does anyone have a picture of their vacuum lines?

I have 1 vacuum from the master going to the big 3/8 efi.

another from distributor To efi.

I have one hose that comes from the top of the valve cover that goes to nothing, it was plugged into old Weber carb.

Got the vacuum leaks figured out. It was the Downey adapter. Had a nipple on it, and wasn’t plugged. So it was sucking tons of air.

quick question, are you supposed to hear the fuel pump on while the car is idling in neutral?

ED6FA6E5-9409-4844-90B6-EF93B5BF18BB.jpeg

Got the vacuum leaks figured out. It was the Downey adapter. Had a nipple on it, and wasn’t plugged. So it was sucking tons of air.

quick question, are you supposed to hear the fuel pump on while the car is idling in neutral?
If it's an external pump, yes, probably

are you supposed to hear the fuel pump on while the car is idling in neutral?

How's it plumbed? (pics). Where's it plumbed? (pics) Which pump & filters? (pics)

How's it plumbed? (pics). Where's it plumbed? (pics) Which pump & filters? (pics)

Yo Aloha...
There are people making an effort to help you. It's only polite to cooperate a little. :)

Using the pre-filter, fuel pump, and post filter that came with the Sniper kit from Holley.

Plumbing is pretty simple. Have it near the frame rail in the engine bay. Using 3/8 hose from stock hardline to Sniper. As well as 3/8 hose from Sniper back to stock return hardline.

I assumed the fuel priming sound should go away once the car fires. But while the car idles, I can hear the fuel pump
The external pumps are pretty noisy all the time. I can hear mine. If you sandwich some foam between the pump and straps it helps somewhat.
Also mounted to the frame instead of sheet metal would probably help the noise level. ... if it bothers you

Last edited:
The external pumps are pretty noisy all the time. I can hear mine. If you sandwich some foam between the pump and straps it helps somewhat.
Also mounted to the frame instead of sheet metal would probably help the noise level. ... if it bothers you
Thank you again for all the help.

I thought the fuel pump was only supposed to make that sound when its priming in the "ON POSITION"
Was a little confused that I could constantly hear it even after it fired.

Thank you again for all the help.

I thought the fuel pump was only supposed to make that sound when its priming in the "ON POSITION"
Was a little confused that I could constantly hear it even after it fired.
You're welcome. It runs all the time, sending a lot of fuel to the Sniper, and the unused fuel comes back in the return line you installed.

I assumed the fuel priming sound should go away once the car fires. But while the car idles, I can hear the fuel pump
Have you tried installing a header?:flush:

I haven't gotten around the upgrading to an EFI system yet... But can't imagine really anything like that being loud enough to heard over my exhaust...

I have had mine plumbed in 4 different ways now and the sounds have been different with each configuration. I think it may be just the harmonics of it all. Are you sure it is the pump making noise? I have had the regulator make a whine/squeal noise and mistook it for the pump. I have got the pump mounted on rubber now.

Locating the pump in the engine bay is not ideal. The Walbro pump specs say 150 deg F max. I had mine in the engine bay for two configurations. With all my slow speed crawling in the swamp I had cavitation issues when everything got heated up. I now have all the components close to the tank away from engine heat.

The pump on my AFI TBI kit can be heard at idle, but it's not that annoying. At any speed above 'stopped' the truck is naturally so loud that I cannot hear it. My pump is under the passenger's side floor, nice and low, as fuel pumps should be.

The pump on my AFI TBI kit can be heard at idle, but it's not that annoying. At any speed above 'stopped' the truck is naturally so loud that I cannot hear it. My pump is under the passenger's side floor, nice and low, as fuel pumps should be.
I will def have to damper it with a rubber sleeve.

Heres a pic of my fuel pump during installation. Also if you have it clamped to the body it will amplify the sound of the pump

IMG_1762.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom