2f head on 3fe block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was out on the trail today and experienced a loss of oil pressure and and now my engine is rattling. I already have a good 3f and want to keep my existing carb setup. Its simple and I like it. Can I just put my 2f head on the 3fe block to run my carb?

Sounds like you have a bigger problem then a nice carb set up. Have you figured out why you lost oil pressure... maybe the "oil galley plug" came out? I'm just a fireman that refuses to pay a mechanic until I'm confident that I've personally really screwed it up in an attempt to fix it. 99% of the time I fix the problem after searching this forum up and down. Unless I misread your thread, I think that you're still going to have an oil pressure problem regardless of what head you put on. Alot of investigation is in order!!! Keep us posted

I was out on the trail today and experienced a loss of oil pressure and and now my engine is rattling. I already have a good 3f and want to keep my existing carb setup. Its simple and I like it. Can I just put my 2f head on the 3fe block to run my carb?

I don't think you can with a head from the years in your sig line. It might be possible with a later head, but even that is chancy.

Good time to go with a 3FE though, and the fuel injection will rock compared to the carb.

I agree that you have more and bigger problems. Time for a new motor. Maybe look for a 75-78 block and rebuild what you have.

I was a little fuzzy in that first post. It was a 2f in the cruiser and I have a 3fe sitting in a parts cruiser. Its the original 2f in my 78 and the 3fe is in a 90 model 62. So the concenous is that my current head won't go on the 3fe block?

correct. different pistons. late FJ60's blocks work with 3f head but not early 2f's. I agree, put in 3fe, wire it and go. we have about 4 in our club geting ready to go 3fe in vintage iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom