2f head on 3fe block (1 Viewer)

I was out on the trail today and experienced a loss of oil pressure and and now my engine is rattling. I already have a good 3f and want to keep my existing carb setup. Its simple and I like it. Can I just put my 2f head on the 3fe block to run my carb?

Sounds like you have a bigger problem then a nice carb set up. Have you figured out why you lost oil pressure... maybe the "oil galley plug" came out? I'm just a fireman that refuses to pay a mechanic until I'm confident that I've personally really screwed it up in an attempt to fix it. 99% of the time I fix the problem after searching this forum up and down. Unless I misread your thread, I think that you're still going to have an oil pressure problem regardless of what head you put on. Alot of investigation is in order!!! Keep us posted

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

I was out on the trail today and experienced a loss of oil pressure and and now my engine is rattling. I already have a good 3f and want to keep my existing carb setup. Its simple and I like it. Can I just put my 2f head on the 3fe block to run my carb?

I don't think you can with a head from the years in your sig line. It might be possible with a later head, but even that is chancy.

Good time to go with a 3FE though, and the fuel injection will rock compared to the carb.

I agree that you have more and bigger problems. Time for a new motor. Maybe look for a 75-78 block and rebuild what you have.

I was a little fuzzy in that first post. It was a 2f in the cruiser and I have a 3fe sitting in a parts cruiser. Its the original 2f in my 78 and the 3fe is in a 90 model 62. So the concenous is that my current head won't go on the 3fe block?

tornadoalleycruiser

SILVER Star

correct. different pistons. late FJ60's blocks work with 3f head but not early 2f's. I agree, put in 3fe, wire it and go. we have about 4 in our club geting ready to go 3fe in vintage iron.

7 years later. You need a 85-87 2f head with the 3fe block or order some domes pistos for the 3fe block to go with the head you already have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom