2F Engine Parts for Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the decision has been made to rebuild the 2F in my 75 FJ40, now it comes to parts for the rebuild.

Any suggestions on suppliers. Specter has sent me a catalog so far. Price isn't always the best way to buy parts. I am looking for knowledge and service as well.
Reccomendations are appreciated.
Petescoffee

well here is where the PITA starts, just rebuit my bottom end, rod and main bearings, got them from carquest, you may not have one in your area, nobody like autozone or advance auto will have them, and the real fun is when you tell them how much you had to turn your crank. Again you may not have these problems(I am in Tennesse) when I told them I had to have it turned .5mm(1/2mm) they advised me that nobody made a 50mm bearing, so I threw up my hands up in the air and said yeah no sh*t idiot my crank would be the size of a pencil, (idiots), and dont even talk to them about your thrust bearing. But try a real parts store like napa. By the way once you get the parts its a breeze, its just getting them. lol

If $$ is not a worry go with all Toyota. If your like me and can't afford OEM parts I have used IPF engine rebuild parts for a couple of 2F's and have had good results. A good machine shop should be able to source these for you and may even give you a deal if you get everything through them.

Well the decision has been made to rebuild the 2F in my 75 FJ40, now it comes to parts for the rebuild.

Any suggestions on suppliers. Specter has sent me a catalog so far. Price isn't always the best way to buy parts. I am looking for knowledge and service as well.
Reccomendations are appreciated.
Petescoffee

I bought everything I need for my rebuild from PacLift, a forklift company near San Diego! Al takes the orders there, and is pretty helpful! The number is 800-421-5438.

I paid about $350 for my machine work - milling, valve job, honing the cylinders, hot tanking and painting the block, turning the crank (.01), and I paid for the rebuild kit from PacLift for about $550 (bearings, gaskets, lifters, oil pump, etc. - no new pistons, or timing gears). I got a new camshaft ($130 from Mark Whatley) and got new timing gears (from Larry Miller Toyota in Denver with 25% TLCA disc.) as well. All told it cost me about $1100-$1200 after putting it all back together.

Now I just need to drop it back in!! ::)

Ih8mud2F.jpg

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom