24V AC Amplifier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some pics from @jblueridge. Looks like this is a slightly different version @Engineer8000 it's got a 7 position primary connector with a single 1/4" spade off to the side. The harness I have is a single 9 position connector.

ac amp (1).JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

From @jblueridge:
The ic is. Toshiba t2333 8703k Japan
The printing is on the side facing the lone 1/4” quick disconnect terminal.

Transistor is more cryptic.
D667
C
6E2

The large main connector has 7 flat spade-like pins.
4 in the bottom row, 3 above.

When sun shines again I’ll get a macro photo.
Yes, from my BJ74.
Denso # 077300-0860

Main connector pics
main connector (1).JPG
main connector (3).JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Both the IC and transistor are common denso components. I will work on making a schematic based on these photos. I have the parts to reproduce this. Thank you very much for posting.

Last edited:
Some pics from @jblueridge. Looks like this is a slightly different version @Engineer8000 it's got a 7 position primary connector with a single 1/4" spade off to the side. The harness I have is a single 9 position connector.

View attachment 2946044

View attachment 2946047
View attachment 2946048
View attachment 2946050
View attachment 2946051
Can you tell me how many wires are actually connected in your case? Toyota had a habit of using connectors with more terminals than required. Do you have the schematic of the AC amp external connections for your truck? Can you post a picture of your 9 way connector, thanks.

Last edited:
@Engineer8000 I'll take a look when I get home this weekend. I have the FSM as well so we can figure out the full harness most likely.

Also @jblueridge says he's having troubles with his, his AC amp is currently overridden. I guess we'll want to figure out the pinout for him as well and scope his harness to see what's acting up.

I have an FSM copy and it gives instructions on how to test.
But that makes me like a monkey with a multimeter.
What I’d like to know is how this circuitry is supposed to work.
There is some evidence of wire/electrical tampering on my truck.

I have an FSM copy and it gives instructions on how to test.
But that makes me like a monkey with a multimeter.
What I’d like to know is how this circuitry is supposed to work.
There is some evidence of wire/electrical tampering on my truck.
Can you post a copy of the applicable pages of the FSM related to the AC amp for your truck?

Last edited:
@Engineer8000 I'll take a look when I get home this weekend. I have the FSM as well so we can figure out the full harness most likely.

Also @jblueridge says he's having troubles with his, his AC amp is currently overridden. I guess we'll want to figure out the pinout for him as well and scope his harness to see what's acting up.

Can you post a copy of the applicable fsm pages for the ac amplifier that you have? Thanks.

sorry, can you also tell me the values of the other two ceramic caps, I see the one is 0.1uf (104) but need the other two. Thanks.

So the black cylinder and these disks are 2 kinds of capacitors?

board 1.JPG

Pages from manual. maybe too many.

Attachments

• aircon electric.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 62
Thanks for the information. The black cylinder cap is an aluminum electrolytic, the small discs are ceramic. There are many other types too. I have not checked the connector terminations yet, but the good news is this is simply an FJ62 AC amplifier with a few different resistors. The circuits are the same with a few resistors changed to deal with the 24v. And a 24V relay.

Edit, the connectors are wired different. This can be fixed with a short adapter harness. I am curious to see how the @repentsinner connector is wired.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom