2024 Mud and Snow Run Run!! Saturday, February 17th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PMCer’s,

Please Note the new Start Time to allow a little extra time in the morning for folks coming from farther away to attend.

The Mud and Snow Run is set for Saturday, February 17th. Please make sure to RSVP so that they know to look for you. RSVP Here.

Mud and Snow Run
This is a great run for all types of rigs. You may get brush scratches. But they might buff out.

PLEASE Post up on the website if you will be there. This is very important. If you decide to go at last minute and forget, just make sure to be there before 10am.

There should be Plenty of Snow and some mud!!

Saturday, February 17th Arrive by 9:45am to depart sharply at 10:00am

Dress Warm and Bring a lunch !! Will stop along the trail for lunch.
Bring a shovel
Bring a small chain saw
Bring a strap

Please check Here the night before for any last minute updates.

Saturday, February 17 , 2024
Mud and Snow Run

By far one of the biggest club run is the Mud and Snow Run. This is a great run for all types of rigs, though you may get a few brush scratches in the paint. Run will leave the Air strip at 10am so be early so you don’t get left behind. If you have one, make sure your CB works and that you bring your antenna. If you don’t have one get behind someone who does on the trail and make sure someone else is behind you. Bring warm clothes, Camera and some lunch. Post pictures up on IH8MUD after the run to share with those that did not make it. There is camping in the area if you want to go up early, post up where you want to camp and others may join in. Oak Flat is open year Round. There are also some reasonably priced hotels in Ukiah that allow you to a relaxing drive to the lake in the morning.

Be sure to check the web site forum for any last minute instructions.

Here is the Forrest Service Link to the Area: Press Ctrl key and Left Click on your mouse to follow link

Mendocino National Forest - Lake Pillsbury - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mendocino/recarea/?recid=25166

If you do camp out prepare for cold weather (30 Degrees or lower) bring dry wood, warm sleeping bag and clothes.

If you are done and need to leave early let the trail lead know. You need to leave a note once you reach the Airport on one of the Trucks with a trailer that you made it out..

Directions:

North on 101
Take Hwy 20 East towards Clear Lake.
Turn off to the left towards Potter Valley.
Turn right on Eel River Rd (signs say Lake Pillsbury & there's a little store and bar there on the corner)
Go over main bridge after the turn off for the logging road to go on the county road.
Turn right onto county road after crossing the bridge over the Eel River.
Once you get to the 4 way stop at Soda Creek - turn left towards the lake and campgrounds and you'll run into the Gravelly Valley Air Strip and all the cruisers.

Allow at Least 1 hour 15 minutes from Ukiah Denny's per Tony ( takes me 1hour 25, but I drive slow). Fill up with gas in Ukiah if you need to.

Make Sure to check the website the night before to make sure there are no last minute changes.

I’ll be there in my 3rd gen 4runner. Looking forward to it!

Seth

We’ll be there rain or shine. After all, it is the “mud” and snow run. Can’t have mud unless we have rain

PMCer’s,

Please Note the new Start Time to allow a little extra time in the morning for folks coming from farther away to attend.

The Mud and Snow Run is set for Saturday, February 17th. Please make sure to RSVP so that they know to look for you. RSVP Here.

Mud and Snow Run
This is a great run for all types of rigs. You may get brush scratches. But they might buff out.

PLEASE Post up on the website if you will be there. This is very important. If you decide to go at last minute and forget, just make sure to be there before 10am.

There should be Plenty of Snow and some mud!!

Saturday, February 17th Arrive by 9:45am to depart sharply at 10:00am

Dress Warm and Bring a lunch !! Will stop along the trail for lunch.
Bring a shovel
Bring a small chain saw
Bring a strap

Please check Here the night before for any last minute updates.

Saturday, February 17 , 2024
Mud and Snow Run

By far one of the biggest club run is the Mud and Snow Run. This is a great run for all types of rigs, though you may get a few brush scratches in the paint. Run will leave the Air strip at 10am so be early so you don’t get left behind. If you have one, make sure your CB works and that you bring your antenna. If you don’t have one get behind someone who does on the trail and make sure someone else is behind you. Bring warm clothes, Camera and some lunch. Post pictures up on IH8MUD after the run to share with those that did not make it. There is camping in the area if you want to go up early, post up where you want to camp and others may join in. Oak Flat is open year Round. There are also some reasonably priced hotels in Ukiah that allow you to a relaxing drive to the lake in the morning.

Be sure to check the web site forum for any last minute instructions.

Here is the Forrest Service Link to the Area: Press Ctrl key and Left Click on your mouse to follow link

Mendocino National Forest - Lake Pillsbury - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mendocino/recarea/?recid=25166

If you do camp out prepare for cold weather (30 Degrees or lower) bring dry wood, warm sleeping bag and clothes.

If you are done and need to leave early let the trail lead know. You need to leave a note once you reach the Airport on one of the Trucks with a trailer that you made it out..

Directions:

North on 101
Take Hwy 20 East towards Clear Lake.
Turn off to the left towards Potter Valley.
Turn right on Eel River Rd (signs say Lake Pillsbury & there's a little store and bar there on the corner)
Go over main bridge after the turn off for the logging road to go on the county road.
Turn right onto county road after crossing the bridge over the Eel River.
Once you get to the 4 way stop at Soda Creek - turn left towards the lake and campgrounds and you'll run into the Gravelly Valley Air Strip and all the cruisers.

Allow at Least 1 hour 15 minutes from Ukiah Denny's per Tony ( takes me 1hour 25, but I drive slow). Fill up with gas in Ukiah if you need to.

Make Sure to check the website the night before to make sure there are no last minute changes.
I’m coming!

I need to drop out. I’ve always been more partial to the “snow” part than the “mud” part anyway. Y’all have a good time!

Snow wheeling with no windows!

IMG_2285.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom