2021 LCHE - High Beams on "Auto" mode (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a question - not sure if I'm going crazy but I seem to remember being able to turn the high beams on (and keep them on) when the lights are set to "auto" (not the auto high beam button, but the actual "auto" mode for the headlights) by pushing the stick forward. I had an EC Offroad installed and wasn't able to do this anymore, and took my car into a Toyota dealer who told me that when the knob is turned to "auto" pushing the stick forward does not engage the high beams - to engage the high beams you need to have the auto high beam button pushed or the lights need to be switched to "on" mode. For some reason I thought (and I could be wrong) that I was previously able to keep the high beams on, even when the lights were set to "auto" by pushing the stick forward. Recently drove my wife's Rav4 and noticed that her high beams don't stay on when the stick is pushed forward and the lights are on "auto" so I'm wondering if I'm just remembering things wrong.

Are you able to keep the high beams on by pushing the stick forward when the lights are in "auto" mode? I can flash the high beams by pulling the stick back in this mode but can't keep them on by pushing it forward (and for some reason I thought I could do that but now I'm wondering if I'm mistaken).

I think you are conflating the two auto settings.

The first is to automatically turn on your headlights at dark.

The second is auto high beams. You have to have the auto high beam button on and stalk forward. When in auto and stalk forward the high beams will be off by default unless the truck thinks it’s okay to turn them on. If button isn’t pushed, stalk forward always turns on high beams.

I think you are conflating the two auto settings.

The first is to automatically turn on your headlights at dark.

The second is auto high beams. You have to have the auto high beam button on and stalk forward. When in auto and stalk forward the high beams will be off by default unless the truck thinks it’s okay to turn them on. If button isn’t pushed, stalk forward always turns on high beams.

Right - that's what I'm saying. When I have auto high beams not pushed, but setting set to automatically turn on my headlights at dark, pushing the stalk forward does not turn/keep the high beams on. Pulling the stalk back will "flash" them, but pushing the stalk forward does nothing. That's what I thought, but the dealer was trying to tell me that even when the setting is to automatically turn on my headlights at dark (i.e., "the first" in your scenario) that pushing the stalk forward should do nothing.

Right - that's what I'm saying. When I have auto high beams not pushed, but setting set to automatically turn on my headlights at dark, pushing the stalk forward does not turn/keep the high beams on. Pulling the stalk back will "flash" them, but pushing the stalk forward does nothing. That's what I thought, but the dealer was trying to tell me that even when the setting is to automatically turn on my headlights at dark (i.e., "the first" in your scenario) that pushing the stalk forward should do nothing.
I assume you are testing this in the dark. Otherwise you only have DRL's on and High Beams when you pull to flash. Cover up the on dash sensor to test in daytime.

2021 TLC/HE:

With Auto hi-beam switch off:

Controller in Auto/ON pulling stick momentarily puts hi-beams on, pushing stick clicks into position and hi-beams stay on.

Yours is not working right.

2021 TLC/HE:

With Auto hi-beam switch off:

Controller in Auto/ON pulling stick momentarily puts hi-beams on, pushing stick clicks into position and hi-beams stay on.

Yours is not working right.

Yep - I found a fuse they forgot to plug in. The issue has been resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom