2021 LC Ride Height - front coil spacer needed anymore? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I just picked up a new 2021 Silver base model a few days ago. I had contemplated having the front coil spacers (part# 43136-60020) installed prior to pickup however I noticed the overall 'rake' was quite mild. Based on others' description of the amount of exposed threads extending beyond the strut mount (~ 1/2") , it does not appear to have the spacer installed.

I took some measurements with a vertical tape measure centered on the toyota hubcap and I was surprised that the difference in ride height with respect to the fender undersurface was only 1/2". There is a very slight grade on my driveway where it is parked but wouldn't think it should contribute much to the measurements I obtained.

Does anyone know if the '21 model uses different springs? I don't think there is any reason to pursue the front coil spacer at this point.

20210122_154233.jpg

20210122_154355.jpg

20210122_154418.jpg

Starting with the '18s, I've felt they were not as good of an idea unless also adding at least a 10mm trim packer to the rear. But... to each their own. Some drivers like the more leveled out look, and it works for them. As far as springs, I've got some springs out of a '21 in the corner of the shop. I haven't measure them, but they look the same as the '20 springs that they are right next to.

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing, but I live on a hill so it is pointless for me to evaluate at home. BTW great looking truck! I just picked up a Mag Grey Heritage last week.

Starting with the '18s, I've felt they were not as good of an idea unless also adding at least a 10mm trim packer to the rear. But... to each their own. Some drivers like the more leveled out look, and it works for them. As far as springs, I've got some springs out of a '21 in the corner of the shop. I haven't measure them, but they look the same as the '20 springs that they are right next to.
Taco2Cruiser,
Do the springs have the same paint spots? I’m asking because I’m trying to figure out if some 2row HE springs will lift a 3 row HE Thanks. Robert

Just measured my 21' HE in a perfectly level garage floor. No mods, no extra weight, but does have roof rack removed. I have 1.5" difference from front to rear with 34.25" ground to fender front and 35.75" ground to fender rear. I might get the spacer myself if I had someone to trust disassembling and then aligning my brand new LC as I like the level look especially with AT tires. As it is dead stock however is really is pretty ideal, as when I load it up on an overlanding trip it will be level due to weight in the back.
You really have to park level to measure. As you can see in my glamour shot, all you need is having a slight incline and it may look completely level like mine does below.
IMG_2856.jpeg

Last edited:
Data point. I had the OEM front spacers installed on my ‘21 base and the back is exactly 1/4” higher than the front. I didn’t have the opportunity to measure prior to install but very happy with outcome. 🍻

I remeasured with car on a flat surface which made a slight difference. The overall height disparity is now just less than an inch but it's still not where I would want to add spacers as it may cause the front end to sit marginally higher than the back.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom