2021 Ford Bronco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting a new thread on the 2021 Ford Bronco instead of hijacking the Craigslist Crap thread.

What do you guys think of it? It made a big splash and I admit it caught me by surprise. I think Ford really nailed it. It looks good and highly capable.

Can't wait. Looks awesome, beats Jeep in almost every metric. I haven't bought a new car in years because I hate the depreciation hit, but we are going to make an exception for this. Not sure which trim level though.

Nice but too nice to wheel.

ojbronco.jpg

They should've hired OJ as an unveiling spokesman-
"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce arguably the best vehicle out there for low speed pursuits, only now you can take your pursuits further than ever before!"

edit: To stay on point, I like them. Styling looks like an old IH Scout from certain angles. I'm in no position to buy a new vehicle right now but should I be it would be put into the running. The steelies look nice

edit 2: Forgot to mention that the bronco sport from a certain angle looks like the original LR freelander- the rear cargo area anyways
1594828044927.png
1594828209634.png

Last edited:
I can’t understand why Ford put any effort into that Bronco sport. I guess to compete with the Jeep Compass?

They should've hired OJ as an unveiling spokesman-
"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce arguably the best vehicle out there for low speed pursuits, only now you can take your pursuits further than ever before!"

edit: To stay on point, I like them. Styling looks like an old IH Scout from certain angles. I'm in no position to buy a new vehicle right now but should I be it would be put into the running. The steelies look nice

edit 2: Forgot to mention that the bronco sport from a certain angle looks like the original LR freelander- the rear cargo area anyways
View attachment 2372628View attachment 2372630
Ford took serious heat because they were going to unveil it on July 9th.....(That's OJ Simpson's Birthday) so they moved it to the 13th. In the 90's I had a neighbor who had the exact white bronco that Al cowlings had in the car chase. He got personalized tags that said NOT OJ and ran them for a few years until he sold it.

Ford took serious heat because they were going to unveil it on July 9th.....(That's OJ Simpson's Birthday) so they moved it to the 13th. In the 90's I had a neighbor who had the exact white bronco that Al cowlings had in the car chase. He got personalized tags that said NOT OJ and ran them for a few years until he sold it.
Pretty sure I saw your neighbors bronco at one point, were "they dont tread on me" style plates? Black wheels?

Ford should've doubled down and called him up

Would have liked to see a solid from axle as an option on a trim level. I mean c'mon, Jeeps still offering it on Wranglers and almost none of them ever hit a trail.

Pretty sure I saw your neighbors bronco at one point, were "they dont tread on me" style plates? Black wheels?

Ford should've doubled down and called him up
They were the old regular white and blue plates. His bronco was exactly the same down to the spun aluminum ford rims that were the XLT trim on all Broncos and F150's then.

I’m all about it. Cars.com says first car ever to have factory 35s. Could be true? Rubicon only
Comes with 33s. Base engine 270 hp+ manual with crawl gear 94.75:1, available lockers front and rear, metal winch ready bumper, bead lock ready wheels, removable doors and roof, hydrolic sway bar disconnect ,plus looks super cool. Can’t wait.

EA1DEB7E-9111-4566-B84B-37602C179B3C.jpeg

Did Ford forget that their own 2020 Super Duty Tremor comes with 35’s from the factory?

60B4D640-1894-4369-9F85-7ACB986882B8.jpeg

I’m all about it. Cars.com says first car ever to have factory 35s. Could be true? Rubicon only
Comes with 33s. Base engine 270 hp+ manual with crawl gear 94.75:1, available lockers front and rear, metal winch ready bumper, bead lock ready wheels, removable doors and roof, hydrolic sway bar disconnect ,plus looks super cool. Can’t wait.

View attachment 2372862

So you reserved one? Give us the deets man!....

So you reserved one? Give us the deets man!....
Really I paid 100 bucks for my spot in line to have to opportunity to buy one later this fall. I reserved the black diamond. Winch ready metal bumpers and rear locker. “Marine grade” vinyl seats lol. I’ve got the 4 cylinder with manual and crawl gear reserved but time to change my mind before I get the build sheet.

Looks like all trim levels get a Dana 44. I think only the Wrangler Rubicon gets that. The Sasquatch (dumb) package is available on all trims too which it pretty cool.

They were the old regular white and blue plates. His bronco was exactly the same down to the spun aluminum ford rims that were the XLT trim on all Broncos and F150's then.

I’ve definitely seen pictures of that truck show up online when topics like best vanity plates come up. Awesome that I can now say that I tangentially knew who’s it was!

If Toyota stayed in the same ballpark with what they did with the fj cruiser this is what it actually should have been like. I think we all would have preferred something closer to a 70 series with 40 series styling.

I hope this lights a fire under Toyota’s ass.

Pros:
-I think Ford did a great job with the styling on the front half
-spec sheet is promising
-twin turbos from anyone but Toyota are scary imho but the eco boost is a proven platform
-awesome that you can get the goodies on all trim levels
-35s available from the factory
-love the brown/black interior with wood shift knob
-the device mounting system on the dash is so clever and useful. A USB port in addition the 12v would have been nice.

cons:
-time will tell how it performs/holds up in the real world
-the trailing arms on the front look relatively stubby compared to a 100 series so wonder how travel will be
-the backend looks a little tiny/shrunken relative to the front end. Might look fine in person.
-rear end is too wrangler-ish
-I don’t love the super wide stance/poke look
-edit: transfer case buttons rather than levers

My biggest but also not really important question is...I prefer pizza cutters so wonder if you can fit skinnier tires inside the sheet metal. If you can, are the flares removable without leaving holes/looking unfinished? Edit: watching the video above the tires look narrower than I initially realized and the wheels have a big offset so likely no way to get a narrower track.

I’ll just leave these here:

27DAED65-5373-4A57-A5AD-327A98CB5A3C.jpeg

34F913B2-C39E-4713-BC32-74DCADC56B3C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom