2019 Tundra TRD Pro - Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked this up to help towing by other problems and be a daily driver (cough... until i can turn it into the camping exploration truck for the TAT trip).

My wife wants steps, which means to me Actual Sliders, maybe with some tread on top since they seem to cost the same.

I was looking at Bud Built and SDHQ, i would rather not drill the frame since this will not be a serious rock crawler (it's a bit wide for that)

any pictures and/or other suggestions..
Totally Bone stock for the moment...

If the Slee Slider Steps for a tundra are as nice as they are on my FZJ80, then they are your answer.

If the Slee Slider Steps for a tundra are as nice as they are on my FZJ80, then they are your answer.

They are. I had Slee step sliders on an 80, have the Slee on the Tundra.

If you are closer to FL, Devolro sells the Slee with a different logo on the tread plates.
It may save you some shipping if you’re out that way.

But yes, you do need to drill the frame (or should to use all the hardware).

^^^ Check my pics - there’s 2-4 shots of a tow mirror install that shows Slee sliders.

Any pics? I’m interested too
Had them on mine for a while now and they are def good looking and quality. Drilling the frame did suck though. 8 holes.

There's a good close up pic here

thanks i'll take a look at the slee sliders, but not thrilled about drilling the frame at this point. I do need to be able to hi-lift on the slider (teaching) as well as pull from the slider.

If you’re going to lift / anchor off your slider, you’ll either need to drill the frame or do rosette welds in the slider holes (overbored & chamfered).

If you’re interested in SAR or other rescue scenarios, this is 100% a mandatory move.

Otherwise, if you’re a SAR guy, no hi-lift involved - you’re using either a tow point or preferably an unsprung pick point to work from.
Like passing a strap thru the wheel openings or using the axle housing.

We used my 80’s stock wheels as they have those huge windows to pass a strap between - unsprung so zero sway under kinetic/load direction change so it was preferred to just using any pick point above the springs.

Just my experience.

Not necessarily... depends on the connection points. From the info i have, looks like i'll be going with SDHQ sliders which are bolt on and have 4 connection points and are CroMo.

Are you in the rust-belt?

Why are you compromising the treaded step (one of your org ‘wife says’ items) - for tube sliders with some 20-odd bolts?

As a former refinery mechanic, and part of a few rescue crew - I prefer sheer-strength of hardware to pinch/bolt-on.
But I also run straps for recovery clear down below the sprung points (thru wheels or wrap the axle) - if it’s SAR / rope rescue & practice turnouts.

But if the tube sliders make you & wife happy, it’s your truck - that’s all that matters.

I am probably going to go with the slee sliders actually.. after looking at a set in real life. also the tube SDHQ, are ok (also saw them in real life) but not needed, since this will not be a rock crawler. My uses are not SAR/Rope rescue, so that may not be applicable. Ideally you would not do a side pull using a strap through a wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom