Builds 2017 Land Cruiser LC200 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just starting to put a few things together. Starting out slow to only modify what I need.

The vehicle is a 2017 LC200 I bought new from a dealership in Indiana. Got it for about 10k below retail. Everything stock currently.

First thing I purchased was a Treeline Rooftop Tent with discount during black friday - Redwood. Haven't even opened it yet, winter...

https://treelineoutdoors.com/collec...roducts/redwood-constellation-4-5-person-tent

Next I wanted a good rack and tires.

Really was torn between KO2s and Duratracs. Go over passes a lot so the triple peak rating was important. Ended up with KO2s. I don't know if it was the right answer, but thats what I have for now.

Here is a pic with new KO2's. Really nice addition compared to OEM tires.
Size - 285-65-18. No current issues.
Ride quality -
  • feels more rigid compared to stock
  • I think handling is a bit improved
  • Minimal change in highway road noise
  • So far great in snow. Have not taken them off road yet. Moab trip in March...

I put Nitto G2s on my wife LX570, those seem to do great as well. Will be curious head to head snow comparison.

Next the rack.

Notice she has a haircut. That was an ordeal. BE VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THE STOCK RACK. SLOW EVEN PRESSURE ON THE TANDEM BOLTS . DO NOT GET AGGRESSIVE OR YOU ARE SCREWED. I.E. HEADLINER HAS TO COMES OUT TO REMOVE BRACKET ASSEMBLY IF YOU BREAK IT.

Those are the rails for the K9 rack. Ordered from Equipt1 from Paul May.

K9 2.2M x 1400mm Roof Rack System for Toyota Land Cruiser 200

First impressions
  • Its huge which I wanted. I have the Treeline Redwood RTT which is huge and will house a family of five. Those Pics and review to come.
  • Aluminum and rack is welded. Many threads on the K9 vs FrontRunner which is what I was torn between...
  • Had to bend the rails a bit to get to lay right. Dry fit first to be sure it will not bulge anywhere
  • Great build quality
  • Rock solid
  • Powder coat pretty good, not perfect but close
  • If you have OCD a bit of a pain to get it all centered and mounted
  • Wind noise is present at 70+. A slight whistle I am going to try and find...
  • All parts present, packaged well
  • Fits the 2017 LC200 perfect
  • OF NOTE, the little wing on the back roof does not allow for the table slide at this point. I think Paul is working on something for that but not sure... The frontrunner table slide I don't think would work either
I am not much of a writer so I will stop there. If questions let me know.

Now on to a fridge and dual battery I think...

If you don't let the car sit longer than 10 hours (over night) I think you'd be ok. Use the transit bag for the fridge and put a jacket over the fridge when not in use. Don't let the sun shine on the fridge. Take a jump pack just in case.....peace of mind.

3 days in Moab in one place or moving every day. If you’re wheeling for the bulk of the day, you should be fine. If you post up for three days, you won’t be.

But even if you drive a lot, I’d bring a jump pack too.

How long did it take you to install and was there any drilling involved at all? I looked on their website and there aren't any instructions that I could locate. I'm looking for a similar rack but want to avoid drilling/leaks at all costs.

Thanks in advance

Pics can be deceiving, but is your rack sticking off the back preventing you from opening the rear door all the way?

Pics can be deceiving, but is your rack sticking off the back preventing you from opening the rear door all the way?

No when you mount it you definitely want to be sure there is clearance.

Update I had to drill into the aluminum slats in order to mount the roof top tent so keep that in mind.

2A051563-D7FF-497D-BF66-39216EE015D8.jpeg
07AECF44-1C1E-4A81-888C-4067F4A311B8.jpeg
Next upgrade complete -

OME Bp-51s heavy kit with SPC UCAs and lift

Wow what a massive improvement to ride quality and control. Blown away. Going to San Juan’s this next week to really give them a go!

Metric off-road did the install and so far so good. No knocks or anything unusual at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom