2017 FJ45 Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tommy ....... this is a very low-key event. Believe me, nobody minds waiting. A couple of years ago Rob had a minor ignition issue on the trail. We had a great time hanging around and chit chatting while we waited for him to get going again.

;)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

I'm going to try and make it, things have been pretty busy lately. May end up having to hitch a ride up the trail if I cannot get the rig in driving shape in time.

I'm sure we can find a spot for you Jonathan. Won't be an issue at all. And I'll be good to see you.

Time to get busy and make some upgrades on the Ol 45

IMG_20170813_173720156_HDR.jpg

Well, now on the fence. I separated my AC in my left shoulder yesterday. Mountain biking. Took a pretty good spill. Hopefully I recover by then.

Well, now on the fence. I separated my AC in my left shoulder yesterday. Mountain biking. Took a pretty good spill. Hopefully I recover by then.
You know better than that before a 45 Run. Had a crazy busy day. Thanks to a couple of Cruiser Brothers. Springs are swapped out and 33" tires are mounted. Bring on the trail.

IMG_20170814_183158160_HDR.jpg

You know better than that before a 45 Run. Had a crazy busy day. Thanks to a couple of Cruiser Brothers. Springs are swapped out and 33" tires are mounted. Bring on the trail.

View attachment 1517286

Beautiful... now, do a spring-over on the trailer and swap the hubs to match the 45. Quick and easy for a man of your talent...

Beautiful... now, do a spring-over on the trailer and swap the hubs to match the 45. Quick and easy for a man of your talent...
How about I just drill a few holes LOL and mount it in the bed of the 45

IMG_20170815_165643650.jpg

IMG_20170815_173153477_HDR.jpg

Meh...been there done that. Too hard to go wheel. Gotta break down camp every time you leave! Trailer!!!

Cut those fawkin' tack-welded bars off!
Easy Homeboy. I have to tow a boat as far as Stockton. This was my only other option to use the ARB. I love my trailer

NGR...

Not unless you have a 5th wheel, are under a certain length, and have a class A license. Since Rob drives trains, I am sure the license part is covered, but a 5th wheel in the 45 is pushing it.
He should totally take the train u here. That would be ,...... cool ,........................

Checked out the trail today. The creek crossing is going to be more of a challenge than in the past. big (but not giant) rocks in the creek bed . The climb up out of the creek should actually be easier. There will be another challenge about 150 yards up the trail. The dry creek crossing is now a lot bigger with ledges and big rocks. Stock rigs will have to pick good lines. Some rock stacking maybe in order to fill in the holes and make the ledges more manageable.
20170816_075500.jpg
20170816_075722.jpg
20170816_075500.jpg
20170816_075722.jpg

20170816_075748.jpg

Are you talking about rc cars? This trail is pretty doable for most rigs? Those pics look like nothing challenging?

Seriously thinking about attending this event, either with the troopie or a 1982 pickup with sportsman camper in the bed. is the trail doable in that rig?. We figure we wouldn't have to drive so far if we go the camper route. If we take the troopie we have to leave by the 25th and return by the 12th or so. I've always wanted to attend this event. I need a good adventure.

IMG_0997.JPG
Any opinions on this rig as far as tackling the trail. We are trying to make a decision on attending,and with what vehicle to take/purchase.

IMG_1218.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom