2016 Tundra 4x4 problem. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I'm a noob here. I have a 2016 SR5 4x4 that used to go into 4HI no problem. Haven't used it in a while now won't go into 4HI. Light on dash just blinks 4HI. Wires all hooked up. Any suggestions or links that might help? I'm pretty handy but don't know a lot about these things. I don't want to dive into something that might leave me stranded. TIA

Joel

These two images are what im looking at. The first image is on the back of my transfer case hooked to the transmission. The second is on my front differential. Which of these do you think would be the culprit? I see how the action my front differential would put it in 4wd. The one on the transfer case would put it in Hi or Low. Is that correct?

20231111_142959.jpg

20231111_143042.jpg

You NEED to engage your 4wd system at least once a month on the Toyotas with electric actuators. If you don’t exercise the units every so often, they are prone to getting stuck. There are lots of threads on this. One of the things to try, is switching to 4 Hi, and (on dirt) drive slowly forward and backwards while turning the wheels lock to lock. Do some figure 8s and some wiggly lines. This “can” sometimes get things to work. Once it works again, shift into (pun intended) the habit of putting it in and out of 4x4 at least a couple of times per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom