2015 LX TPMS Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Looking for some guidance around TPMS sensors. My 20" OEM wheels have my winter tires on them and TPMS works great, including the spare.

I bought some 18" tundra takeoffs to put summer tires on my LX. I'd like to get OEM Sensors (PT 42607-33022) for the wheels. Can the LX hold a second set of Sensor codes or do I need to get them reprogrammed at the dealer or via techstream every time I change the wheels? My 4runner was only able to hold one set of codes so it was a PITA using OEM sensors...

I'd probably just use clone sensors if it needs constant programming.

Thanks for the help guys!! :D

I would say yes since I have three sets of wheels for my vehicle:
  • 20" original equipment.
  • 18" Tundra wheels (4) for winter tires. TPMS sensors purchased and programmed at Tire Rack.
  • 2018 Land Cruiser wheels (5) for daily driver. TPMS sensors purchased and programmed at Tire Rack
I am able to swap wheels without issues, i.e., no TPMS warning lights.

You can only program one set of 5 TPMS. Clones can be used for a second set, but many clones are garbage compared to the factory Pacific TMPS. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to offer which clone brands work well, as the ones I have for my winters are garbage. The factory sensors are a good way to go for a second set, but will require reprograming via TechStream or another TPMS tool.

You can only program one set of 5 TPMS. Clones can be used for a second set, but many clones are garbage compared to the factory Pacific TMPS. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to offer which clone brands work well, as the ones I have for my winters are garbage. The factory sensors are a good way to go for a second set, but will require reprograming via TechStream or another TPMS tool.
thank you. exactly the answer i was looking for. I'll give the clones a try. I used them in my tacoma previously and they worked well. In both of my cases, my oem sensors were used during the winter. maybe that's why i had better luck with mine. How long have you had your clones? Have they been unreliable their entire life?

Another option, that I use: Carista dongle, $40 a year fee, reprogram yourself at home via the app each time you swap wheels, takes less than 5 minutes. Doing mine today.

I've since used Carista with several other cars to diagnose problems, very handy to have in the tool arsenal.

Like ^^^ I just reprogram it myself when I do the swap. I had clones for 3 years they were crap.

I have this one

Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 TPMS Programming Tool, 2023 Upgraded Car TPMS Scan Tool of TS408, TS401, Activate/ Relearn All Known TPMS Sensors, Program Autel MX-Sensor [315 & 433MHz], TPMS Diagnostics & Reset https://a.co/d/hCEv97Q

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance around TPMS sensors. My 20" OEM wheels have my winter tires on them and TPMS works great, including the spare.

I bought some 18" tundra takeoffs to put summer tires on my LX. I'd like to get OEM Sensors (PT 42607-33022) for the wheels. Can the LX hold a second set of Sensor codes or do I need to get them reprogrammed at the dealer or via techstream every time I change the wheels? My 4runner was only able to hold one set of codes so it was a PITA using OEM sensors...

I'd probably just use clone sensors if it needs constant programming.

Thanks for the help guys!! :D

Nope that feature was removed from 100-200. Along with others.

But be careful ordering them on Amazon or similar, counterfeits have been a thing. Also denso’s index of which part number to use is not necessarily correct. You need to do thorough research before ordering.

thank you. exactly the answer i was looking for. I'll give the clones a try. I used them in my tacoma previously and they worked well. In both of my cases, my oem sensors were used during the winter. maybe that's why i had better luck with mine. How long have you had your clones? Have they been unreliable their entire life?
I bought clones from my local Kaltire shop. They stopped working after about 3 months. If you find reliable clones, I'd love to hear which brand/model you are using!

I bought clones from my local Kaltire shop. They stopped working after about 3 months. If you find reliable clones, I'd love to hear which brand/model you are using!
Frig. That's exactly what I had planned. LOL. Ugh. Supposed to get the tires installed on Thursday. What did you do about your situation? I'm guessing I can buy software to program the truck through the ODBII if I were to just get OEM sensors?

Read the posts above about programming TPMS.

Frig. That's exactly what I had planned. LOL. Ugh. Supposed to get the tires installed on Thursday. What did you do about your situation? I'm guessing I can buy software to program the truck through the ODBII if I were to just get OEM sensors?
I bought a second set of Pacific sensors for my winters and now I use techstream to update them each seasonal switch. Your mileage may vary with clones. I'm sure that there are some good brands out there, but I don't know which ones work well with the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom