2015 GX460 built for the rocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Top of the World has gotten a lot tougher over the years. It used to be a rather mild, if bumpy, trail.

Me thinks you need to move to 285/75's next, that's my plan after a wheeling trip a few weeks back where I found I needed another 1/5-3/4" clearance to move up to level 4 trails.

Great build so far, I think you are going to love having the reliability the Toyota/Lexus provides over the former rig. IFS maybe not so much but everything else will be better.

Bumper cut probably wouldn't have helped much.
538F9331-D43C-4757-8C85-649C292BF978.jpeg

A few action shots from my recent Utah trip. Ran Tower Arch, Long Canyon, Top of the World, Hells Revenge, LaSalle Loop, CO River Overlook, Elephant Hill, Beef Basin
I've been wondering how my 2013 would do on a very similar list of trails. This gives me some confidence! Now I just need to find the time and be prepared to sacrifice my rear bumper cover.

I've been wondering how my 2013 would do on a very similar list of trails. This gives me some confidence! Now I just need to find the time and be prepared to sacrifice my rear bumper cover.
One time on Elephant Hill, we got to the Devil's Kitchen campsites, and there were two nice older couples camping there... driving rented Chevy Trailblazers. You'll be fine.

One time on Elephant Hill, we got to the Devil's Kitchen campsites, and there were two nice older couples camping there... driving rented Chevy Trailblazers. You'll be fine.
They could have come up through Beef Basin, which is way easier (except for maybe Bobbys Hole)

They could have come up through Beef Basin, which is way easier (except for maybe Bobbys Hole)
Not in this case, we talked to them and they had come over Elephant Hill. They had scuffed the lower cladding a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom