2013 LC - Body Tilt or Lean - Lower rear driver side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a new 2013 Land Cruiser owner coming . . . from Land Rover. Really liking most things about the LC. Some small things I think LR did better like the split tailgate slow smooth drop rather than the LC's just flopping down. Also to the windowsill in the LR was more comfortable. Those are really the only things that I like better on the LR. Except one huge thing that I think must be a problem on my LC.

My LC sits lower in the drivers side rear than any other corner. I got the Toyota service manual procedures for adjusting the body lean by equalizing the suspension. I have tried what is in this forum as well as far as jacking up, etc. Nothing has worked. It is about 1" lower in the drivers side rear.

I took it to the dealership. . .and they said that it shouldn't concern me and written on the service record was that I should "remember, the level of gas in the tank will effect the height of the vehicle. . ." Not impressed with Toyota service to say the least.

Not sure of next steps to resolve. . . I am wondering about one unique aspect of my driveway however. My garage is on a hill, and I have to turn quite sharply to enter the very short hill then go in to the garage. I am wondering if this could impact it. . .

Do others that have the body lean condition also routinely turn, drive up hills, and immediately park?

lol yes they all do have tilt- my LC 80, 100 and 200 too because of the full tank and the slope on the driveway , I install a new suspension on my LC80 and notice the same pitch , the only way to correct it is to get spring spacers

Does your vehicle have KDSS? 1" differences is a lot IMO. 10mm would be acceptable. How much difference in ride height with full and empty tank? The KDSS system has been know to cause height issues especially if not parked level, in the earlier models I thought they had fixed it in the later models.

I had over an inch difference between driver's side and passenger's side when I bought our 2008 LC. The Driver's side was low.

check out this thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/leaning-to-the-left-drivers-side.807420/#post-9252863 for instructions on how to bleed and level your KDSS if the original method .PDF Post #4 in the thread doesn't work.....

Try it first the factory way, then, if that doesn't work, go to post #6 and do that!

I bought brand new 2014 Land Cruiser 150 (Prado), with KDSS and I also have a tilt problem. In first 2000 miles, there was a KDSS failure. Then they switched it, and after that my LC-s rear passanger side is about 0,5 inch lower than drivers side when parking. My Toyota dealer said that there is no cure discovered yet and its normal with the new KDSS. Disturbs me like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom