2013 Land Cruiser Exhaust Muffler Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll shoot another video in the spring when the driveway is level and dry. I’ll have my rims on and a nice car wash on the LC as well.

Put the phone by your ear to really hear how low the growl and decibels are. Then you can really appreciate it and decide if it’s for you or not.

In the end though, I love it. $250 for parts, 250 for install. $500 for great sound, no drone, looks awesome, and added performance. Can’t beat it.

I’ll shoot another video in the spring when the driveway is level and dry. I’ll have my rims on and a nice car wash on the LC as well.

Put the phone by your ear to really hear how low the growl and decibels are. Then you can really appreciate it and decide if it’s for you or not.

In the end though, I love it. $250 for parts, 250 for install. $500 for great sound, no drone, looks awesome, and added performance. Can’t beat it.

Thats pretty cheap, ive been meaning to just cut off my muffler. This seems to sound a bit better for a slight departure tradeoff.

Thats pretty cheap, ive been meaning to just cut off my muffler. This seems to sound a bit better for a slight departure tradeoff.
Cutting off muffler is gonna make your LC drone loud inside the cabin.

This set up gives you good sound but also no drone.

Cutting off muffler is gonna make your LC drone loud inside the cabin.

This set up gives you good sound but also no drone.

Lots of cut folks here say drone is not noticeable. Did you have a chance to run yours that way for a bit? Sorry if you already mentioned this.

People cut off the rear resonator (the part past the axle). The muffler is in front of the axle. Most people say there is no difference with or without the resonator.

People cut off the rear resonator (the part past the axle). The muffler is in front of the axle. Most people say there is no difference with or without the resonator.

Sorry for the confusion thats what i meant…

Not removing cats or muffler! Just the rear bulb.

Stock OEM

Vs

Vibrant 1142 Ultra Quet Resonator & DC 1013 Resonatored Exhaust Tip

The two parts helped stop the drone from the Magnaflow and also made it get even deeper/cleaner sound.

8947A341-AC66-4334-BCB6-9D21FA416375.jpeg

C7FC889D-81DE-4A44-8219-4ED04DAB1F32.jpeg

And 10 more horsepower

This isnt battle of the A/Ts but howr those KO2s on the ice?
Previous owner put them on. I won’t be going off roading much but their a nice tire for minnesota winters.

I’m gonna be putting on some 22’s come spring and summer. I always have a summer and winter set of wheels. 285/45/22

Took your word and just ordered. $267.... Hopefully Saturday for the install. Been looking for a simple set up that don't sound like a super charged pickup. Thanks for posting the part #'s also. I'll post back with my results. Cheers...

Last edited:
Took your word and just ordered. Hopefully Saturday for the install. Been looking for a simple set up that don't sound like a super charged pickup. Thanks for posting the part #'s also. I'll post back with my results. Chairs

You’ll like it a lot bro. I love it.

I’m gonna post an updated video this weekend after my lift kit is installed today.

Well got it all installed today. How did you figure out that combo of muffler and resonator w/ tip? Sound is identical to yours( had issues posting video). Hell I hear my Gobi roof rack more then anything on the highway. Welds could of been better but it's all solid, not leaking, and unseen. Sounds good paired up with the k&n intake. Is it helping out the mpg? Probably not but it's all about the miles of smiles right? My shell gas card can handle the rest. Now to the lift.... Thanks again. 2008 LC 215k

20220327_121049.jpg

20220327_121255.jpg

20210804_153239.jpg

20210805_001136.jpg

20210908_112320.jpg

Well got it all installed today. How did you figure out that combo of muffler and resonator w/ tip? Sound is identical to yours( had issues posting video). Hell I hear my Gobi roof rack more then anything on the highway. Welds could of been better but it's all solid, not leaking, and unseen. Sounds good paired up with the k&n intake. Is it helping out the mpg? Probably not but it's all about the miles of smiles right? My shell gas card can handle the rest. Now to the lift.... Thanks again. 2008 LC 215k

View attachment 2964026

View attachment 2964027

View attachment 2964028

View attachment 2964029

View attachment 2964031
Looks good bro!!! Glad you like it and someone else followered through as well

I just thought that the resonator with the resonated tip would help kill the drone the Magnaflow gives you. But I love the sound bro! I’m glad you like it as well. It looks great as well.

Looks good bro!!! Glad you like it and someone else followered through as well

I just thought that the resonator with the resonated tip would help kill the drone the Magnaflow gives you. But I love the sound bro! I’m glad you like it as well. It looks great as well.
Once again thanks for posting up the part #'s. I can definitely vouch it sounds great and not overwhelming and very tolerable. Sweet and subtle. Cheers

What's the part number for that TRD shift knob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom