2013 GX460 kdss lean fix ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seriously, has Toyota EVER made a Land Cruiser that didn't lean?

There are a lot of opinions out there on the number of turns to open the valves, 3 is often quoted as the maximum. I wonder if 3 turns is both the minimum and maximum for the fluid to flow freely when servicing...
I've tried this a few times, there isn't much you can do. I would recommend upgrading the spring on the pass side per the TSB or adding a 0.25-5" spacer above the spring on passenger side. Seems that is really going to be the only solution. With a lift it's a fine art it appears to level all 4 corners; keep in mind you probably want to do your nominal leveling with a full tank of gas and then re-measure with full payload evenly distributed. My '13 leans about 0.5-1" with stock air ride on 32" tires.

I've tried this a few times, there isn't much you can do. I would recommend upgrading the spring on the pass side per the TSB or adding a 0.25-5" spacer above the spring on passenger side. Seems that is really going to be the only solution. With a lift it's a fine art it appears to level all 4 corners; keep in mind you probably want to do your nominal leveling with a full tank of gas and then re-measure with full payload evenly distributed. My '13 leans about 0.5-1" with stock air ride on 32" tires.
My ‘13 leans on a Dobinson’s MRR lift and 275/75r18 MT’s but it only seems to bother me when looking at the rig from the back. So I just back it in the driveway……problem solved. 😎

Just brought home a 2014 GX with only 58k and I noticed the lean this evening. Going to try all the fixes noted in this thread. Thank you to everyone who has compiled all this information here.

Reactions: r2m
Congrats on your GX! :cheers:
Hope you can get it fixed easily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom