2013 GX460 kdss lean fix ? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.33.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.33.55 PM.png

I started a thread in the 120 forum asking about experiences with the kit for the 470. Based on the couple of positive responses in the thread I decided to take a leap and order it as well.

my experience is that it handles the same with or without the spacers

i haven't found a drawback handling or performance wise. I would think you could potentially need to watch your droop so you don't over extend the kdss cylinder but that is easy to check and correct if necessary with a limit strap. (no one has had to do this up to this point)

I had the dealer replaced the spring and that did not help in my situation. However, while trying to mount the bracket for my suspension lift, I had cut the KDSS hose. I had the system refilled and now it does not lean.
Just to be clear, you had the left front spring replaced per the bulletin and it didn't fix it?

Are you recommending a system fill or complete flush and refill?

I’ve got a 2013 GX that’s bone stock and is doing the lean. It’s only got 154k miles on it. We took it in to get the airbag TSB fixed and they never said anything about this TSB. Closest Lexus dealer to us in a 2 hour drive! No Toyota dealer around will touch a Lexus for some reason.

No Toyota dealer around will touch a Lexus for some reason.
I never understood this… if it was warranty work I could, but if you're paying, what difference does it make? Especially if the Lexus dealer is several hours away.

I never understood this… if it was warranty work I could, but if you're paying, what difference does it make? Especially if the Lexus dealer is several hours away.
You don't think Lexus pressures this decision for obvious financial reasons?

Might be more relationships. Dealers are independent owners from Lexus/Toyota. When Lexus/Toyota post sales those numbers are sales to dealers, not to customers. Meaning as soon as it is sold to the dealer it is the dealers vehicle. When processing warranty the dealer performs the work, but submits the claim to Toyota/Lexus. Since they are different business units it might not be the same and certain dealers might need to meet criteria to work on Lexus as opposed to Toyota, etc. It's a lot of semantics corporation wise, but results in crap customer service. The only real hope is that companies like Tesla coming to market with direct to consumer sales will result in dealers being forced to compete with warranty and service of the like.

Our local Toyota dealership sucks…that’s why they won’t work on Lexus. But back to staying on topic…

Last edited:
BTW has anyone tried that KDSS lean adjustment from the 200 series? I opened valves, jacked up the truck and closed the valves a few times. Settled to the same height every time. Is there something I'm missing on the 150? I noticed there is a plastic valve on the side. I didn't mess with it. I have about 1-1.5" lean on passenger side. Never seems to go away; 120k on the vehicle, so shocks are not helping. Brand new airbags though and it's stock suspension with 32" tires. Trying to fix it, but it doesn't seem to affect handling, just aesthetic at this point.

BTW has anyone tried that KDSS lean adjustment from the 200 series? I opened valves, jacked up the truck and closed the valves a few times. Settled to the same height every time. Is there something I'm missing on the 150? I noticed there is a plastic valve on the side. I didn't mess with it. I have about 1-1.5" lean on passenger side. Never seems to go away; 120k on the vehicle, so shocks are not helping. Brand new airbags though and it's stock suspension with 32" tires. Trying to fix it, but it doesn't seem to affect handling, just aesthetic at this point.
Same boat here. Slightly bigger tires, but the lean was there before the tires. Stock suspension. Had the airbags done under the recall. Guess I’ll call the dealership and ask about them fixing the lean…but only if they will treat it as a recall. Not gonna pay dealership prices for OEM suspension parts and labor. The wife will just have to deal with a new 2-3” lift with her new suspension. LOL

Same boat here. Slightly bigger tires, but the lean was there before the tires. Stock suspension. Had the airbags done under the recall. Guess I’ll call the dealership and ask about them fixing the lean…but only if they will treat it as a recall. Not gonna pay dealership prices for OEM suspension parts and labor. The wife will just have to deal with a new 2-3” lift with her new suspension. LOL
Yeah I’ve got platinum care unlimited miles till 2024. Wonder if it’ll cover it since no deductible.

I’ve got a 2013 GX that’s bone stock and is doing the lean. It’s only got 154k miles on it. We took it in to get the airbag TSB fixed and they never said anything about this TSB. Closest Lexus dealer to us in a 2 hour drive! No Toyota dealer around will touch a Lexus for some reason.
It could be out of professional courtesy, albeit, if the proper dealership is a couple hours away, one would think that Toyota/Lexus Corp would oblige helping each other out.

Mine has about 1/4" lean after the lift, it isn't enough for me to bother with it. The shop did open the KDSS valves when installing the kit so short of trying the block of wood trick I am not sure if I could improve it further beyond a coil spacer. Some trucks will end up with 1-1.5" of lean, that would drive me insane.
Did you have any lean issues after the lift install? Mine is clocked at just about 1" to the passenger side, all signs point to the lean being there prior to my lift install... ignorance was bliss while it lasted... lol

GX didn't lean as much as my Cruiser did.

Ordered the front spacer for my 2019 GX from Treaty Oak (I already installed spacers on the rear that came with the Ironman FCP kit)... front spacer didn't elminate my lean at all. I was really looking forward to that 1/4 inch margin. :bang:

You're fine, it's the skid cover for the KDSS unit, they are 12mm remove them, then use a marker, mark the two 10mm bolts and back them off a total of 3 turns
There are a lot of opinions out there on the number of turns to open the valves, 3 is often quoted as the maximum. I wonder if 3 turns is both the minimum and maximum for the fluid to flow freely when servicing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom