2011 LX 570 - Sat/Nav/Radio Swap - Different Part #’s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings Everyone. My recently purchased 2011 LX 570 had a very faded and dim screen, so I decided to look for an alternative. I came across a listing for a replacement correct year and part number, but upon receiving it, taking out my unit and noticing the wiring harnesses in the rear are different, as are the part numbers. slightly. I plugged in what works, and the screen works and most things function, but clearly is not working properly, with no audio. I am hoping with the part numbers below and the photos, someone might be able to give me some advice on what options I have in getting this one working properly, or if it is not possible and I need to look for another alternative.

Original Radio Part number on top is 86431-60130
Part Number of Replacement is 86430-60041

The 1st photo is my original head unit, and the 2nd was the replacement. I don’t have the patience to re-wire all of this to experiment with it. I am hoping for options based on others experience. I was unable to find anything concrete via searching and researching which I am also doing, but really need solutions.

View attachment 3001224

View attachment 3001225

The fronts of the radio/units both look identical as well. So, I am wondering if around 2011 there was a part/number change. I have seen other 2008 and 2009 radios listed online and their harnesses look like the one I bought.

Can anyone else confirm if wiring harnesses or if the entire radio/interface changed around 2011 resulting in some 2011’s being different than others?

None of your pictures loaded. I doubt it matters though. I’d be surprised that you’d be able to make use of the replacement screen. There were changes almost every year from 08-15 in the infotainment system. Especially in the 09-11 years. This was when Lexus was first experimenting with its Entune Suite.

if you were handy, your best bet would be to try changing out just the screen between the two units. I have no idea if they are the same, but that would be quickest path to success. Also, if I was attempting that, I’d look for a new replacement screen over parting out a used one.

E
None of your pictures loaded. I doubt it matters though. I’d be surprised that you’d be able to make use of the replacement screen. There were changes almost every year from 08-15 in the infotainment system. Especially in the 09-11 years. This was when Lexus was first experimenting with its Entune Suite.

if you were handy, your best bet would be to try changing out just the screen between the two units. I have no idea if they are the same, but that would be quickest path to success. Also, if I was attempting that, I’d look for a new replacement screen over parting out a used one.
excellent info. Thank you. I bought a new screen and swapped it first, and come to find out it was a little different as well. The ribbon cables connected the same but didn’t work properly. No backlight. Put the old screen back in and the backlight worked again, so either a bad brand new screen, or it’s different as well.

The one with RED all over the screws is the new replacement.

I was thinking of going with a Tesla style but now worried the plugs won’t correctly make up and work because my 2011 seems like it may an oddball on the infotainment. Speaking of, I noticed the boot sequence on the new one was different graphically as well as once it booted.

I think I may just leave it alone and deal with the ugly yellowing screen since it’s all at least working.

I wouldn’t have thought swapping a screen would have been such a huge issue.

D9D0F293-948F-43CE-801C-290A4C494F77.jpeg

E

excellent info. Thank you. I bought a new screen and swapped it first, and come to find out it was a little different as well. The ribbon cables connected the same but didn’t work properly. No backlight. Put the old screen back in and the backlight worked again, so either a bad brand new screen, or it’s different as well.

The one with RED all over the screws is the new replacement.

I was thinking of going with a Tesla style but now worried the plugs won’t correctly make up and work because my 2011 seems like it may an oddball on the infotainment. Speaking of, I noticed the boot sequence on the new one was different graphically as well as once it booted.

I think I may just leave it alone and deal with the ugly yellowing screen since it’s all at least working.

I wouldn’t have thought swapping a screen would have been such a huge issue.

View attachment 3001773
I just recently had mine out to install a GROM Vline2. I didn't mention, but there are also variations within year. I believe the trucks with rear entertainment are probably different than ones without. I have a 2010 with RES and I believe mine looks like the lower one without painted screws. I didn't take a picture, but i do know all my plugs were in two rows like that. I will have to take it out again to complete my Vline2 wiring, so I should probably take a picture of it then.

I'm far from an authority on this, but just on features alone, I'm fairly certain the below is true. This means just for 08-15 there are probably at least 6 different monitor units. And in Partsouq there were possibly models that didn't have NAV, which would be another curveball. I doubt there were any Non-NAVs delivered in USA though. Considering the screen, the dvd unit and the amp all have to work in unison to provide all the AV features, you have to be very careful trying to replace any of the units.

Edit: Oh yeah, and they may not all have the Mark Levinson version, which may bring yet another part change.

08-09 - Bluetooth calling and no Entune
10-11 - Bluetooth audio/calling and first iteration of Entune
13-15 - RES is in seats instead of ceiling and the system is updated (the screen surround is changed to black)

I know others have successfully changed out the screen, so i wouldn't' completely rule that out. There have been some threads (mostly of LC screens though). I definitely would like to figure this out as well. My screen is not in bad shape, but I'm sure it's not long for turning yellow at some point. And now that I've committed to the GROM unit, I'd like to be able to keep using the OEM system for years to come.

Last edited:
There are a couple Android units on Aliexpress that come with an amp, and replace the screen, HU, and amp. I would think that the safest (if Android with no support is 'safe') is a full replacement style like this. Most of them only replace the screen and HU and rely on the stock ML amp.

Here's an example:

My late 2010 (Jul 2010 build date) truck is just like yours.

CC452A1E-344C-4279-88FD-620C90F7B514.jpeg

1841FA2E-4385-4264-8F29-36F3806AA9B9.jpeg

My late 2010 (Jul 2010 build date) truck is just like yours.

View attachment 3004052
View attachment 3004053
Good to know. I found one on ebay for 1700 or 2200??? With our same style connector config . Kinda Ridiculous. I want to replace the screen only but let me warn you, those connectors are a pain in the ass on the back of the board connected to the back of the screen. The larger longer main one especially. Unhooking it was next to impossible and I may have created a now unreliable connector back there due to the nature of how it releases.

I really want to figure out a solution. I am thinking of trying one of the android big screens head units. There are quite a few out there after searching. But, I feel like I am not going to get something built to last a long time is my concern. But, then again, this one hasn’t lasted that well either and is way dated.

I just despise the idea of replacing this with another one and having it develop or create a separate issue. I have pulled apart everything to get to the actual screen twice now.

Also, I think the PO smoked in her for a while.

Interesting options:

Good to know. I found one on ebay for 1700 or 2200??? With our same style connector config . Kinda Ridiculous. I want to replace the screen only but let me warn you, those connectors are a pain in the ass on the back of the board connected to the back of the screen. The larger longer main one especially. Unhooking it was next to impossible and I may have created a now unreliable connector back there due to the nature of how it releases.

I really want to figure out a solution. I am thinking of trying one of the android big screens head units. There are quite a few out there after searching. But, I feel like I am not going to get something built to last a long time is my concern. But, then again, this one hasn’t lasted that well either and is way dated.

I just despise the idea of replacing this with another one and having it develop or create a separate issue. I have pulled apart everything to get to the actual screen twice now.

Also, I think the PO smoked in her for a while.

Interesting options:

I wish there were more example installs of the full replacements. I know a few people have done them now.
there is also a bundle that replaces the amp. I almost feel like if you are going to replace everything in the dash, might was well get the full full replacement.

... but let me warn you, those connectors are a pain in the ass on the back of the board connected to the back of the screen. The larger longer main one especially. Unhooking it was next to impossible and I may have created a now unreliable connector back there due to the nature of how it releases.

Could you elaborate? Do you not just push in to release the tension on the locking clip, push down on the locking clip and then release the connector? Is there a special locking setup on that particular connector?

Could you elaborate? Do you not just push in to release the tension on the locking clip, push down on the locking clip and then release the connector? Is there a special locking setup on that particular connector?
Yes, that’s the idea. I could not get it to release after messing with it for 45 minutes. I used to build PC’s, but that connector was a beast. I have big fat fingers though.

Yes, that’s the idea. I could not get it to release after messing with it for 45 minutes. I used to build PC’s, but that connector was a beast. I have big fat fingers though.
I think @Jagger is referring to the connector with in the monitor system. So the actual screen connected to the circuit board inside. The plugs on the back of the stereo that connect it to the truck are nothing special.

I think @Jagger is referring to the connector with in the monitor system. So the actual screen connected to the circuit board inside. The plugs on the back of the stereo that connect it to the truck are nothing special.
Correct. The ribbon cable connector on the back on the screen connected to another circuit board is what I was referencing. I bought a replacement screen. It ended up being the incorrect screen. I had this thing completely apart, Every little screw, and put it all back together twice. Once to install the screen. A second time, to reinstall it and take pictures to prove to the screen provider it didn’t work and verify I didn’t forget to hook anything up.

I wish there were more example installs of the full replacements. I know a few people have done them now.
there is also a bundle that replaces the amp. I almost feel like if you are going to replace everything in the dash, might was well get the full full replacement.
I am interested in the full amp replacement bundle you mentioned. Do you have a link you could share?

I am interested in the full amp replacement bundle you mentioned. Do you have a link you could share?
Here's a post linking to it. I can't remember how much conversation there is in that thread.

Here's the link in that post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom