2010 McGrew Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pressure washed my skidplate...I'm not be gonna be "that guy" this year.
001.jpg

You might want to think twice about running this trail. Trucks have been known to get some brush scratches. Are you sure you are up to the challenge?

Oh no, not brush scratches!!! I just painted over all of the dirt so I could pass inspection!

Hehe, I hope you're planning on wheeling the pickup, because the 80 is a bit overkill.... Looking forward to seeing you again! :cheers:

Heck no! The Cruiser has a better A/C system! LOL

Don't most 80s guys carry hedge trimmers and clear the trail of any dangerous brush before they get close to it? ...Or is that the 100s?

I carry a bow saw and an axe but they are used more for extraction and on-the-trail bodywork... :flipoff2:

Pressure washed my skidplate...I'm not be gonna be "that guy" this year.

That plate looks like it'd be perfect for collecting dust/mud/small children/etc.

ih8washing my 80. Grrr. Funny thing is 90% of the dirt on my truck is from the mcgrew or fireroad. (well at least this year).

Oh no, not brush scratches!!! I just painted over all of the dirt so I could pass inspection!
:flipoff2:

Ha!!!!! My thoughts exactly!!! Wallyword had Satin Black spray paint on sale... 4 cans work nicely to cover just about every bit on the underbelly I found.

-A

The McGrew trail is my annual excuse to spend time detailing the underside of my truck.

I just confirmed that the O'Brien store is letting us camp there on Thursday and Friday nights for anyone wanting to stay at our starting point. NO CAMPFIRES PLEASE and they will leave a restroom unlocked for us. See you all soon!

REPOST

There will be a meet-and-greet Thursday night at 6 PM at Wild River Brewery.

Wild River Brewing & Pizza Company
595 Northeast "F" Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526-2356
Phone: (541) 471-7487
595 Northeast F Street, Grants Pass, OR - Google Maps

This isn't an official McGrew event, just something our club has done. Anyone who's in town is welcome to show up. You're on your own for food/drink/etc.

There will be a meet-and-greet Thursday night at 6 PM at Wild River Brewery.

Mapquest says 343 miles, If we leave by Noon we'll be right on time...

Should be plenty of time to get here.

LOL! I drive 55...Figure 7 hours for the drive, another hour for the GF stops. I'm leaving at 10.

Mapquest says 343 miles, If we leave by Noon we'll be right on time...

We all know that the cruiser's series number also roughly determines our cruising speed. With all the mods on your rig are you still cruising at 55mph?

With all the mods on your rig are you still cruising at 55mph?

Pretty much. I copied the RPM table for 4.88s and 37s...taped it near my tach.

Edit: It's very similar to the 4.11s with 31s

Sounds about right, we are a hair less than 5 1/2 hours from Sac with only man stops. Knock off 20 mph and add girly stops and your calculations appear correct ;)

I just confirmed that the O'Brien store is letting us camp there on Thursday and Friday nights for anyone wanting to stay at our starting point. NO CAMPFIRES PLEASE and they will leave a restroom unlocked for us. See you all soon!

Sweet! That is a weight off of my mind... And it is okay for me to leave the Dodge and trailer there for the weekend?

If everything goes smoothly, I should be pulling into O'Brien between 12 - 1 am... I'll try to be quiet with my straight piped Cummins! :flipoff2:

Good question on the truck and trailer Chad. I know peeps have trailed to the event many times but don't know if they left their rigs there or not. Anyone know where the trailers parked? If not I will make the call and see.

I should be pulling into O'Brien between 12 - 1 am... I'll try to be quiet with my straight piped Cummins! :flipoff2:

Oh Great!:D
Couldn't you just park on the street?:flipoff2:

:cool:

Good question on the truck and trailer Chad. I know peeps have trailed to the event many times but don't know if they left their rigs there or not. Anyone know where the trailers parked? If not I will make the call and see.

We've always left them there. Hopefully there will be room this year. We won't get there until tomorrow around Noon. Save us a spot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom