2010 GX460 in Peridot Green Mica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a pic of the sliders. These things are beefy! Just dropped them off to get them powder coated.
z9qUdyY.jpg

The F-Sport grille also arrived. I've heard these are a pain to install, so we'll see!
Ko9IM6G.jpg

Here's a pic of the sliders. These things are beefy! Just dropped them off to get them powder coated.
z9qUdyY.jpg

The F-Sport grille also arrived. I've heard these are a pain to install, so we'll see!
Ko9IM6G.jpg

FYI the grill mount (the chrome trim piece) is SUUUUUUUUPER BRITTLE!!!! Please take your time and don’t snap/bend the clips like I did. That trim piece is bloody ~$170. It’s why I haven’t put my f sport grille on yet.

I have nothing to add except that Lexus should have carried this color on for every GX model year. This would have been my choice when I got mine.
Amen! I feel like a shade of dark green would be a consistently popular choice.

FYI the grill mount (the chrome trim piece) is SUUUUUUUUPER BRITTLE!!!! Please take your time and don’t snap/bend the clips like I did. That trim piece is bloody ~$170. It’s why I haven’t put my f sport grille on yet.
Well, I was hoping to hear some words of encouragement like "it's not as bad when you actually get into it" haha but I appreciate the heads up. I'll be sure to document the ups and more likely downs of the install.

Amen! I feel like a shade of dark green would be a consistently popular choice.

Well, I was hoping to hear some words of encouragement like "it's not as bad when you actually get into it" haha but I appreciate the heads up. I'll be sure to document the ups and more likely downs of the install.

FYI, if you or anyone else needs it here is the grille bezel in question.

Alright, I finally got around to getting the F-Sport grille and RSG sliders installed today. Some small quirks with each, but overall not too big of a hassle. I still have to trim the old running boards. I'll do a small writeup on them later. For now, here are some pictures. Used my nice camera so the files are too big to be uploaded straight to the site. Really happy with the way they turned out.

Do you like the angled sliders? Why did you choose them over flat? This will be my next step on my build. Thanks

Do you like the angled sliders? Why did you choose them over flat? This will be my next step on my build. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I choose the angled sliders for a few reasons over the flat. The main reason was that the angled sliders are lower profile than the flat due to them being...well angled and semi-tucked up into the body. The flat sliders just seemed to jut out more than I was looking for. The second reason is the marginal increase in ground clearance. I will say that while the angled sliders still provide a substantial step, the height is only slightly lower than the floor of the vehicle itself. So if the people entering/exiting your rig need running board type of step, I would go with the flat sliders. I don't have such people, so the angled sliders are both more aesthetically pleasing and fit the function I was looking for more so than the flat.

One thing I will add about the sliders is that you should trim the OEM boards and install them before installing the slider. You might not have as big of a problem as I did if you go with the flat, but the clearance between the tallest part of the slider and the bottom of the door was so small that I had a hell of a time wedging the trim in there. So bad that I marred the top of the trim piece trying to force it into place. You'll rarely see that part of the trim but it was still stupid on my part, but I had run out of patience after installing the sliders. I ended up pulling the trim piece off and will do it right by taking the sliders off and then installing the trim piece. It looks fine as is but definitely looks better with the top trim in.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply. I choose the angled sliders for a few reasons over the flat. The main reason was that the angled sliders are lower profile than the flat due to them being...well angled and semi-tucked up into the body. The flat sliders just seemed to jut out more than I was looking for. The second reason is the marginal increase in ground clearance. I will say that while the angled sliders still provide a substantial step, the height is only slightly lower than the floor of the vehicle itself. So if the people entering/exiting your rig need running board type of step, I would go with the flat sliders. I don't have such people, so the angled sliders are both more aesthetically pleasing and fit the function I was looking for more so than the flat.

One thing I will add about the sliders is that you should trim the OEM boards and install them before installing the slider. You might not have as big of a problem as I did if you go with the flat, but the clearance between the tallest part of the slider and the bottom of the door was so small that I had a hell of a time wedging the trim in there. So bad that I marred the top of the trim piece trying to force it into place. You'll rarely see that part of the trim but it was still stupid on my part, but I had run out of patience after installing the sliders. I ended up pulling the trim piece off and will do it right by taking the sliders off and then installing the trim piece. It looks fine as is but definitely looks better with the top trim in.
Thanks for the input. Especially the install sequence advice. I wonder why someone has not made a part to replace the factory boards. I think you should be able to sell a complete set of OEM boards for $3-4 hundred bucks . Thanks Keep the shining side up.
Anthony

I like that color! Both our 100 series were River Rock Mica (mine had the tan interior and my wife's had gray), which we liked.

Wheels came in! I like them even more now that I've seen them in person. Stoked to get these on the GX. I'm 90% sure I'm going the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in 265/70R17 with the expectation that I will have to massage/trim a bit. I'm also looking at the Wildpeaks (of course), Toyo Open Country AT3, and General Grabbers if anybody has any input on those. I don't have a lift at the moment and not sure when I will get around to that.

Bronze TRD Pro - Imgur.jpg

I have the cooper discoverer AT3 4s in 265/70/17 on sr5 wheels and have zero rub, you should be fine. If you look at the actual diameter the CD AT3 4S is a teeeeebit smaller than the other options. Super quiet too!

Btw love those wheels they’re gonna look great on your rig!

I have the cooper discoverer AT3 4s in 265/70/17 on sr5 wheels and have zero rub, you should be fine. If you look at the actual diameter the CD AT3 4S is a teeeeebit smaller than the other options. Super quiet too!

Btw love those wheels they’re gonna look great on your rig!

Thanks for the feedback! That's what I like to hear! I think the less aggressive tread pattern and sidewall (comparative to the KO2, Wildpeak, etc.) definitely help with the fitment. I know KO2s in the same size require some massaging and trimming.

Wheels came in! I like them even more now that I've seen them in person. Stoked to get these on the GX. I'm 90% sure I'm going the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in 265/70R17 with the expectation that I will have to massage/trim a bit. I'm also looking at the Wildpeaks (of course), Toyo Open Country AT3, and General Grabbers if anybody has any input on those. I don't have a lift at the moment and not sure when I will get around to that.

View attachment 2643825
You know after you get those wheels on you're going to owe us some pictures! :doh:

Toyo AT3 are getting rave reviews from 40/60/80/100/200 Series Land Cruiser owners.

You know after you get those wheels on you're going to owe us some pictures! :doh:

Absolutely! Part of the reason I got them was so that I can show them off to you guys haha.
Toyo AT3 are getting rave reviews from 40/60/80/100/200 Series Land Cruiser owners.
I have read nothing but good things about the Toyos especially compared to the previous iteration. This size seems to be right on the cusp of what will rub at stock height and what will fit in the spare tire well. I don't mind massaging/trimming, but if the Coopers won't rub without any modification they might be my choice for a while until I get around to putting a lift on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom