2010 GX 460 Airbag Delete error (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

2010 460 airbag delete done but have this message. “Check Air Suspension System” and a orange triangle with an exclamation point.
Removed Air Sus 50A and Air Sus Fuse #2

5EEA5D90-6130-4769-B5CE-4946D2710C71.jpeg

Does anyone know what suspension components the Suspension Control ECU controls (air springs - shocks - KDSS)? What I'm curious about if removal of the ECU will have an effect on KDSS? I was under the impression that changing the shock settings (Soft - Normal - Sport) also changes the KDSS behavior to match, though I could be wrong.

That seems to be plugged in, headlights appear to be operating as they should but I do have to adjust them to compensate for the lift.

This is what has been determined so far from a GXOR thread. If you have a AVS/RAHC model ----> '10-'13 Premium and '14+ Luxury and you intend to put a lift on it which removes the bags and shocks you need to do the following:

• Do not remove any fuses related to the suspension system
• Do not remove any relays related to the suspension system
• Do not disconnect the Suspension ECU
• Do not disconnect the RAHC air compressor
• Do not remove the rear suspension height sensors. This may trigger an AFS error on the dashboard display. You may need to adjust them after lift to ensure headlights are aimed correctly though.

This is what has been determined so far from a GXOR thread. If you have a AVS/RAHC model ----> '10-'13 Premium and '14+ Luxury and you intend to put a lift on it which removes the bags and shocks you need to do the following:

• Do not remove any fuses related to the suspension system
• Do not remove any relays related to the suspension system
• Do not disconnect the Suspension ECU
• Do not disconnect the RAHC air compressor
• Do not remove the rear suspension height sensors. This may trigger an AFS error on the dashboard display. You may need to adjust them after lift to ensure headlights are aimed correctly though.
you're right!! i didnt have to unplugg anything other than air lines to the bags and no codes

So I bought a 2013 with a lift and rear air bag delete, and it also has this message on the dash. Has there been an easy fix determined here on MUD that I have not been able to find thus far? Thanks!!!

- Rear height sensors need to still be in place. Some use washers to help in adjustment. I'll see if I can track down pics here or on CL. Those rear height sensors are also used for you HID auto leveling.

- Do not remove any relay, fuses or ECUs. 470 instructions are not the same.

- Compressor or at least the core electric pieces to trick ECU needs to stay connected

- Rear height sensors need to still be in place. Some use washers to help in adjustment. I'll see if I can track down pics here or on CL. Those rear height sensors are also used for you HID auto leveling.
So what I read in that thread you posted, it seems that approximately 1 cm of washers for a 12 mm bolt is the trick to get the "check air suspension message" off your dash. Adding these also helps with the auto leveling of the headlights when driving (which I was not aware even existed haha).

So what I read in that thread you posted, it seems that approximately 1 cm of washers for a 12 mm bolt is the trick to get the "check air suspension message" off your dash. Adding these also helps with the auto leveling of the headlights when driving (which I was not aware even existed haha).
That, and that you need to leave all of the air suspension pieces in place (except the air bags, the rear shocks, and the front struts and front strut controllers).

After the washers have been added, is there some sort of reset you need to do? I've got all my washers on (including longer bolts) but the message is still displayed on the dash.

••WARNING: I have never done this myself so I urge extreme caution as this is just what is printed in FSM. Proceed at your own risk.

••WARNING2: Pay careful attention to the OBD port. In actuality it is upside down under the dash and not same orientation

The codes for missing AVS shocks will be unavoidable. They will always show up in a scan tool as well with them removed.

Flash pattern legend
11.png

How to get into this mode
Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.30.19 PM.png

Numbers after "/" are the blink patterns

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.30.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 1.30.43 PM.png

After the washers have been added, is there some sort of reset you need to do? I've got all my washers on (including longer bolts) but the message is still displayed on the dash.
Nope, I just added the washers after I did the suspension install. Every lift will be different. You want the level sensor to be level. If you have more lift than I do (Icon 2” rear coil springs) then you’ll need more washers (edit:) and longer bolts

edit: check the pictures on my CL post and you can see what I mean by the level Sensor arm is level.

Nope, I just added the washers after I did the suspension install. Every lift will be different. You want the level sensor to be level. If you have more lift than I do (Icon 2” rear coil springs) then you’ll need more washers (edit:) and longer bolts

edit: check the pictures on my CL post and you can see what I mean by the level Sensor arm is level.
Damn, I thought I was good with 5/8" of washers and longer bolts. I suppose I will try a little longer bolts and more washers and see if that works, With the amount of people who have deleted air bags and installed new springs/shocks to lift it, it would not be such an undocumented fix to this issue. But I do appreciate your contributions in trying to help, both here on Mud and on ClubLexus. I'll keep stabbing at it and see if I can tackle it once and for all.

Damn, I thought I was good with 5/8" of washers and longer bolts. I suppose I will try a little longer bolts and more washers and see if that works, With the amount of people who have deleted air bags and installed new springs/shocks to lift it, it would not be such an undocumented fix to this issue. But I do appreciate your contributions in trying to help, both here on Mud and on ClubLexus. I'll keep stabbing at it and see if I can tackle it once and for all.
Instead of using so many washers, try using unthreaded spacers: McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/unthreaded-spacers/
I don't know what your bolt diameter is, but maybe a section of steel tube cut to length?

What timing!
I just started thinking about this again today! Now that I've solved the TPMS light on my dash, I'd really like to fix the AFS light also!

Height control adjustment parameters

IMO: Get within 2.3-2.6V range since over 18-19MPH it defaults to this range.

View attachment 2744027
There IS only one AFS senosr, in the right rear of GX's, correct??
I just did this test and my AFS sensor is working, well very close.
I'm reading:
High 45°: ~4.28 (outside tolerance, a little on the low side)
Normal 0°: ~2.5 (within tolerance)
Los -45°: ~.47b (within tolerance)

So even though my high is is a little off, that shouldn't cause my AFS light to default on all the time, right??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom