2008 GX470 VS 2008 FJ CRUISER (WHICH WOULD YOU KEEP?) SEE PICTURE!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title states, I have both. My GX is stock but its my favorite color combo...pearl white with tan interior in excellent condition and perfect dealer records. It has 122k miles.

The FJ is an 08 with a lift and I added mud terrains with TRD Pro wheels and all the trail accessories. Its the coolest FJ I have ever seen honestly. Below are pics of both vehicles. Which one you would keep if you were to get rid of one. Oh and the FJ has 62k miles.

Im so torn because the Lexus drives like butter and has that silky V8 and such elegant class. It is hard to explain. The FJ has a v6 that doesnt compare but at the same time it looks so amazing. What would you guys do? Also, the FJ is twice the price of the GX due to the low miles.
Unknown-1.jpeg

I had a 07 fj and currently roll in a 03 gx.
Both lifted but the lex is way more built,
I miss the fj sometimes but lex is everything.

I had a 07 fj and currently roll in a 03 gx.
Both lifted but the lex is way more built,
I miss the fj sometimes but lex is everything.
Man I know its so difficult. I drive 35k miles a year for work and since these FJ's are becoming collectibles it seems it hurts me to sell. Im so torn!

I think it should depend on what you plan to do with the vehicle you decide to keep. Are you going to be hauling more gear and or passengers around or are you going to be driving it alone? Are you going to be driving mostly pavement or more frequent dirt/off-road?
I’ve owned both and can say that they are both awesome vehicles but are also very different

I think it should depend on what you plan to do with the vehicle you decide to keep. Are you going to be hauling more gear and or passengers around or are you going to be driving it alone? Are you going to be driving mostly pavement or more frequent dirt/off-road?
I’ve owned both and can say that they are both awesome vehicles but are also very different
mostly alone and never off road.

You should sell the GX... to me... seriously I’d be interested. Let me know what you are looking for.

Never off-road, and 35k miles/ year?
Ditch the FJ...that‘s just not it’s environment.
You’re not doing right by it, and it’s not the right rig for you.
Take the $ while the miles are still low, and either put some into the gx, or buy a s***ty little 4-banger to commute with.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will take that into consideration. I think I am just going to drive both heavily these next few weeks and see which one I like more. I don't think I can go wrong either way.

Hey man, Id drop the FJ- if it will sell for higher you can use some of that money to take the GX which you said drives better and make it more of an off-roader.

Alone and always on the road? Sell both, get a minivan or smaller car.... Why is this even a question?
Why would I get a family mini van? You have no idea what you’re saying. I’m asking which of the two the community recommends not what other vehicle I should get.

Why would I get a family mini van? You have no idea what you’re saying. I’m asking which of the two the community recommends not what other vehicle I should get.
Fair, just seems like a lot of gas up in smoke for the utility of a to b on pavement

Last edited:
C) sell both and buy a 200 series

edit - 35k miles a year? Sell one of them and get something better on fuel as a DD. I’d probably sell the FJ. Low mileage clean ones like that will bring a premium.

do you have a loan on both of them? That’s they only real reason I could see wanting to get rid of one or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom