2007 Sequoia high pitch whine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've searched and can't find anyone else with this problem. I took my sequoia to the stealership and they said they can't hear anything. There is a high pitched whine coming from the front end only between 35 - 45 mph. It doesn't seem to change with the transmission, it definitely is speed related so it makes me think something in the driveline. I've replaced all the differential fluids and didn't see any issues. Any ideas? Is it a drive axle? Usually bearings have low frequency roars, this is a high pitched whine. I would love for someone to help me solve this! Thank you in advance.

So I've searched and can't find anyone else with this problem. I took my sequoia to the stealership and they said they can't hear anything. There is a high pitched whine coming from the front end only between 35 - 45 mph. It doesn't seem to change with the transmission, it definitely is speed related so it makes me think something in the driveline. I've replaced all the differential fluids and didn't see any issues. Any ideas? Is it a drive axle? Usually bearings have low frequency roars, this is a high pitched whine. I would love for someone to help me solve this! Thank you in advance.
I’ve got it in my ‘14 at around 2k rpm. After doing a little research on the Tundra forums, it seems like it’s coming from the screen in the intake. I just haven’t gotten to swapping it out. It’s done it for 70k miles.

There is a needle bearing in the front diff of these things that can make some noise and is a fairly common issue. Mine was more of a growl sound, but at the same speeds. There is an aftermarket bushing that gets rid of this bearing here.

There's also a guy on the FB groups by the name of Jim Smola who makes an install tool..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom