2006 LX470 How to disable AC Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi guys,
I really want to disable AC compressor because whenever I turn the front windshield defogger on the AC turns on automatically and then it drinks fuel like gatorade. Is there a seprate fuse for AC compressor to completely disconnect it? I don't use AC at all because it's always cold.
Thanks!

Even though you never use A/C, the system has lubricant in it and wants to be cycled regularly (Once a month would probably be okay). A defeat switch would be preferable if you want better resale value down the road. Plus, A/C defrosts better, should you ever need it.

There are a number of situations where the vehicle will disable the AC compressor. I wonder if you could use a switch/relay, to interrupt the signal that reads “compressor speed” to disengage the clutch?

1668130856578.png

if you remove the 15A ac fuse you'd be messing with the heater relay and blower circuit I think.
dump 134, never hit AUTO or defrost= No blinking AC light, I think.

using the a/c with defrost as it is doing helps reduce the moisture in the cabin which helps reduce windshield fogging

back in the old days, we would do it manually until the window was clear then switch the a/c off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom