For Sale 2006 Lexus LX 470 (92K miles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey y'all. Just testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in our LX. My parents bought it in April 2010 with around 40k miles. Its only been used by my family to get around town and we are getting to a point where it doesn't get driven at all. This car has been my dad's baby and it shows. All maintenance has been done religiously, except for the timing belt. Don't have pictures yet, but should have some early February.

- 2006 LX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl
- Texas owned, rust-free car
- 92k miles (will have to check the exact number)
- No accidents (small scrape on front bumper but planning on having Lexus fix it)
- Brand new Michelin tires with less than 5k miles (bought from discount tire)
- Located in Houston, TX
- Asking $25,000

Message me with any questions.

Last edited:
Hey y'all. Just testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in our LX. My parents bought it in April 2010 with around 40k miles. Its only been used by my family to get around town and we are getting to a point where it doesn't get driven at all. This car has been my dad's baby and it shows. All maintenance has been done religiously, except for the timing belt. Don't have pictures yet, but should have some early February. Priced the cruiser based on estimates, but let me know what y'all think.

- 2006 LX 470 Sand Dollar Pearl
- Texas owned car
- 92k miles (will have to check the exact number)
- No accidents (small scrape on front bumper but planning on having Lexus fix it)
- Brand new Michelin tires with less than 5k miles (bought from discount tire)
- Located in Houston, TX
- Asking $27,000

Message me with any questions.

Sounds like a sweet ride. Post some pics! I think it is priced high for private party and the color. Ive been looking HARD for the last two months. I lost two vehicles, an 06 and 07, with under 100k miles with all service done including timing belts for $22k and under from Lexus dealers. YMMV but that is what I've seen in the market. It gives you a good example for whats out there.

330xnnr.jpg

Sounds like a sweet ride. Post some pics! I think it is priced high for private party and the color. Ive been looking HARD for the last two months. I lost two vehicles, an 06 and 07, with under 100k miles with all service done including timing belts for $22k and under from Lexus dealers. YMMV but that is what I've seen in the market. It gives you a good example for whats out there.

330xnnr.jpg

Appreciate the input. Price is set to $25,000 firm for those interested.

With your only 3 Posts so far on MUD, I don’t think anyone in this crowd will be interested in your price or firmness of it.

Go somewhere else to try that approach.

There was a 2006, 2 owner with 55k miles for $16k at an Infiniti dealer in Florida this week. Yours is nice, but like others said, you are pushing 200 series pricing.

There was a 2006, 2 owner with 55k miles for $16k at an Infiniti dealer in Florida this week. Yours is nice, but like others said, you are pushing 200 series pricing.
It was $18k and i had a deposit on it that they refunded because someone else got there first!!!!!!!! Unreal. I literally called within 1 hr of it being posted at 7pm that night.

It was $18k and i had a deposit on it that they refunded because someone else got there first!!!!!!!! Unreal. I literally called within 1 hr of it being posted at 7pm that night.

Incredible. That's a new low for a dealership. They shouldn't accept a deposit if they're not willing to hold it.

I noticed two different prices between the dealership website price and where I found it. When I finally got a call back the dealer wasn't easy to deal with in getting any basic information even. I have found that most dealers make minimal effort to make a sale, have very little knowledge of anything they are selling and lack in customer service. Good luck in the hunt.

I've noticed when I call or email in to dealerships, the service is lackluster. I'm guessing most of the time people calling or emailing are not as serious. They also can't use their tricks on you when you're not in front of them.

Not saying you guys weren't serious, just on average that is probably the case.

I noticed two different prices between the dealership website price and where I found it. When I finally got a call back the dealer wasn't easy to deal with in getting any basic information even. I have found that most dealers make minimal effort to make a sale, have very little knowledge of anything they are selling and lack in customer service. Good luck in the hunt.

Yeah they had it listed at $18,000 and that is what I had a deposit on it for. I told him I could be there by 1 o’clock the next day but another guy from Tampa made it there at 11 and they sold it to him. It was a complete fiasco. I was absolutely livid. Then they posted it for sale for $19,900 in case Guy decided to back out. I think they realized their error very quickly.

Either that or they sold it for $19,900 to the other guys that came Before I could get there.

From what I’ve heard from dealerships’ used car sales is generally they don’t want to deal with someone who is not sitting right in front of them. They consider out of town offers(even if higher) differently than someone who is right there.

Reactions: tjb
Yeah they had it listed at $18,000 and that is what I had a deposit on it for. I told him I could be there by 1 o’clock the next day but another guy from Tampa made it there at 11 and they sold it to him. It was a complete fiasco. I was absolutely livid. Then they posted it for sale for $19,900 in case Guy decided to back out. I think they realized their error very quickly.

Either that or they sold it for $19,900 to the other guys that came Before I could get there.

Good to know that I've found my competition. :)

I saw the car on Autolist and tried to contact the dealer through the web site. Hearing nothing, I tried to call the next morning and the listing was gone. Because I contacted through the Web site, I had no email trail. I called an Infiniti dealer in Orlando, but it turns out there are two and I got the wrong one. The car went back up for $2k more, but when I called the right dealer, it was gone. (I called from a hospital where a relative was undergoing surgery for a broken neck, so I was reasonably dedicated.)

Thanks for all of the responses. Don't understand where some of the hostility is coming from. I have been a longtime lurker on this forum, but definitely not a scammer. Parents have owned many Toyota vehicles throughout the years. We are somewhat active on clublexus, attached is a link of my profile.

As stated, I'm just testing the waters. Hope everyone understands!

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion - View Profile: LovezLexus

I don’t think there is hostility towards you. I think it started as a price comparison that you may be a little high in the price and then it got side tracked.

No hostility toward @MallCrawler2006 intended. The market will bear what the market will bear!

Virtually everyone is listing these babies at thousands higher than the Carfax/Kelley and even NADA book values.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom