2006 Landquoia. Will this be the perfect fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pics, sounds like a good time. Northern Michigan is wonderful. We were in the northern lower peninsula in August with the dogs. Swimming in fresh water, fishing, it doesn't get much better. And the smoked fish -- oh yeah. It's a day and a half drive for us, though, which means we don't get up there but every other year or so.

@dingoboyexplore - really enjoyed this thread and completely hear you on wanting to be unique.. Unfortunately, I have been following the same trail with my gray '07.. have the Brute Force Fab front bumper with a 12k Warn and just texted Billy from BFF last night about a rear custom bumper... he actually sent me one of several pics which must be your Quoia… how do you like the rear bumper? How is the depart angle if you have been doing serious offroading? Quality, fit, etc? Thanks in advance..

Great pics, sounds like a good time. Northern Michigan is wonderful. We were in the northern lower peninsula in August with the dogs. Swimming in fresh water, fishing, it doesn't get much better. And the smoked fish -- oh yeah. It's a day and a half drive for us, though, which means we don't get up there but every other year or so.
you explained my time up there each time. HAVE TO get smoked fish. Its not a trip there without it. Day and a half is a haul, guessing by the ocean since you added the fresh water thing?

@dingoboyexplore - really enjoyed this thread and completely hear you on wanting to be unique.. Unfortunately, I have been following the same trail with my gray '07.. have the Brute Force Fab front bumper with a 12k Warn and just texted Billy from BFF last night about a rear custom bumper... he actually sent me one of several pics which must be your Quoia… how do you like the rear bumper? How is the depart angle if you have been doing serious offroading? Quality, fit, etc? Thanks in advance..
There really isnt anything else aside from BFF. Which i didnt realize before getting into the sequoia. Thats awesome hes using photos of mine. I tried reaching out to him after getting the bumpers with small questions and never heard a thing from him...During the build process. Didnt hear a thing from him...had to call if i wanted to try and get through which the calls would get returned a few days later. He seems busy as s***, just really bad at getting back to people and keeping them updated.

to the products. Its insane imo....the craftsmanship, the welds, the way everything fits, how it looks when done. Is all SPOT on. I had some rusty bolts fighting me for the rear. The front went insanely smooth. After watching a video on youtube, I was able to have the old one off and the new one on in a hour.

The departure is the best out of any vehicle I have ever had, now. I didnt get a chance to wheel some spots i normally do with the rear bumper. But in inclines, where EVERY rig ive ever had before dragged ass. This just did it effortless. It fits my needs perfectly with how I had it built. The fold down table, the jerry can holder...which carries everythign but jerry cans. Drying cloths, wet dog towels, its a seriously impressive.

Downside....EVERY sequoia has these bumpers lol

Recent shot from a mini "colors road trip"

IMG_20191102_134830.jpg

There really isnt anything else aside from BFF. Which i didnt realize before getting into the sequoia. Thats awesome hes using photos of mine. I tried reaching out to him after getting the bumpers with small questions and never heard a thing from him...During the build process. Didnt hear a thing from him...had to call if i wanted to try and get through which the calls would get returned a few days later. He seems busy as s***, just really bad at getting back to people and keeping them updated.

to the products. Its insane imo....the craftsmanship, the welds, the way everything fits, how it looks when done. Is all SPOT on. I had some rusty bolts fighting me for the rear. The front went insanely smooth. After watching a video on youtube, I was able to have the old one off and the new one on in a hour.

The departure is the best out of any vehicle I have ever had, now. I didnt get a chance to wheel some spots i normally do with the rear bumper. But in inclines, where EVERY rig ive ever had before dragged ass. This just did it effortless. It fits my needs perfectly with how I had it built. The fold down table, the jerry can holder...which carries everythign but jerry cans. Drying cloths, wet dog towels, its a seriously impressive.

Downside....EVERY sequoia has these bumpers lol
Thanks man !!!
I completely hear you on responsiveness - it's a little tough getting to him by text so need to call but I agree, I think he is super busy... my lead time right now is 12-14 wks... Fully agree on craftmanship... my front bumper has been solid, no issues at all. He does awesome work !!! I have been going back and forth on single vs double swing-out and accessories but definitely like your set up.

you explained my time up there each time. HAVE TO get smoked fish. Its not a trip there without it. Day and a half is a haul, guessing by the ocean since you added the fresh water thing?
Yep. South Carolina. It will probably be summer after next before we get back up north. :(

Thanks man !!!
I completely hear you on responsiveness - it's a little tough getting to him by text so need to call but I agree, I think he is super busy... my lead time right now is 12-14 wks... Fully agree on craftmanship... my front bumper has been solid, no issues at all. He does awesome work !!! I have been going back and forth on single vs double swing-out and accessories but definitely like your set up.
i wanna say i was in the 16wk range when i got everything. Granted I ordered it all. Have sliders as well. Just trying to have a friend do it and hes dragging ass. Ill wait till after winter now.

i wanna say i was in the 16wk range when i got everything. Granted I ordered it all. Have sliders as well. Just trying to have a friend do it and hes dragging ass. Ill wait till after winter now.
I ordered it last week and now waiting like a kid at Christmas time

The rig hasn't got much love lately...just use. Debating on tackling the 2 rust spots I have or not....is it worth it for what I use this for? Can I really save it forever or do I turn a eye there and enjoy it

20191208_204323.jpg

Let me guess… front edge of rear wheel wells? Mine is rusty there as well but I'm not worried. It's only cosmetic and only seen when the rear doors are open. I'm focused on improving it, fixing all of the little things to make it work better and improve the driving experience. Maybe if/when I finish all of the other jobs I'll tackle those but I doubt it.

Your rig is looking good!

The rig hasn't got much love lately...just use. Debating on tackling the 2 rust spots I have or not....is it worth it for what I use this for? Can I really save it forever or do I turn a eye there and enjoy it

View attachment 2152663
I'm obviously a little partial to dark gray lifted Sequoias :)
I would tackle the rust spots now and keep her pristine as she looks to be right now !! Love the pic and can't wait to get my rear bumper from Billy...
What filter are you using for that picture or is shot with phone?

Let me guess… front edge of rear wheel wells? Mine is rusty there as well but I'm not worried. It's only cosmetic and only seen when the rear doors are open. I'm focused on improving it, fixing all of the little things to make it work better and improve the driving experience. Maybe if/when I finish all of the other jobs I'll tackle those but I doubt it.

Your rig is looking good!
Yup! Passenger side only on the front. Both for the rear side of the wheel wells.

I'm obviously a little partial to dark gray lifted Sequoias :)
I would tackle the rust spots now and keep her pristine as she looks to be right now !! Love the pic and can't wait to get my rear bumper from Billy...
What filter are you using for that picture or is shot with phone?
Just a little Lightroom light adjustment. But was taken on my phone.

You're going to love the bumper

Went to the Badlands yesterday. Quickly realized the sliders are phenomenal & I need limiting straps or a friend Everytime I wanna wheel 🤣🤣🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_7177-01.jpeg

Hey man, good looking rig. I'm just starting to build mine. I've had an 80, a 100 and sold them both in lieu of the Sequoia. I just really like it. Anyway, are you really just running old 100 coils on the back? How much lift did they give? Thanks!

Hey man, good looking rig. I'm just starting to build mine. I've had an 80, a 100 and sold them both in lieu of the Sequoia. I just really like it. Anyway, are you really just running old 100 coils on the back? How much lift did they give? Thanks!

Yep and these 100 series coils I had 430,000mi on them. Gave 1.5"ish lift.

I'm actually back into 100 series myself. but this time I'm pretty determined to get a part-time kit to make it as enjoyable to drive around on the streets and as easy as it is to drive a first-gen Sequoia.

Thanks for the info. I threw away my 100 coils about 6 months ago. 😥 They were pretty sagged though. I'll start hunting for some, that's about where I want to be. Good build and I enjoy the adventure pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom