Builds 2006 GX470 Build, Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
217857977_10159483639109855_2700553370970647159_n.jpeg

August 17, 2021, the day it all began. This is one of the first photos I took of the vehicle, which had approximately 170k miles from 2 previous owners. The offroad upgrades had already begun by this point, including: (1) RRW stealt bumper; (2) XO-Fab DIY welded sliders; (3) Falken Wildpeak AT3 285/70R/17 tire; (4) JW Offroad Tire Carrier; (5) Bilstein 5100s w OME 2885 springs; (6) Air bag delete/spring conversion kit; and (7) unknown brand (but working!) lightbar. Since then, I've added or done the following, which I'll show in the posts below:

(a) Prinsu/CBI Roofrack;
(b) RRW RR6 Gunmetal 17x8.5;
(c) Dobinsons 2"IMS Lift Kit;
(d) AGM Size 31 battery/100W solar panel setup (RTT-mounted);
(e) JW Offroad rear interior molle panels;
(f) Rigid D-SS Pro pod lights front and rear mounted w/ JW Offroad ditch and chase light brackets;
(g) DIY Carpeted 3-drawer storage system; (3rd design of a rear drawer/storage system, will be discussed below);
(h) DIY Fridge Slide with Tilt for 53 QT portable refrigerator;
(i) Badlands Apex 12000lb winch;
(j) Auxbeam 8 gang switch panel;
(k) remanufactured rack & pinion;
(l) Dobinsons UCAs; and
(m) GX Basecamp comms rail

Going forward, I plan to add a rear fold down table, shower system, bump stops and airbag spring supports (rear), and enhance the back seat for my four-legged co-pilot's enjoyment.

View attachment 3219892
August 17, 2021, the day it all began. This is one of the first photos I took of the vehicle, which had approximately 170k miles from 2 previous owners. The offroad upgrades had already begun by this point, including: (1) RRW stealt bumper; (2) XO-Fab DIY welded sliders; (3) Falken Wildpeak AT3 285/70R/17 tire; (4) JW Offroad Tire Carrier; (5) Bilstein 5100s w OME 2885 springs; (6) Air bag delete/spring conversion kit; and (7) unknown brand (but working!) lightbar. Since then, I've added or done the following, which I'll show in the posts below:

(a) Prinsu/CBI Roofrack;
(b) RRW RR6 Gunmetal 17x8.5;
(c) Dobinsons 2"IMS Lift Kit;
(d) AGM Size 31 battery/100W solar panel setup (RTT-mounted);
(e) JW Offroad rear interior molle panels;
(f) Rigid D-SS Pro pod lights front and rear mounted w/ JW Offroad ditch and chase light brackets;
(g) DIY Carpeted 3-drawer storage system; (3rd design of a rear drawer/storage system, will be discussed below);
(h) DIY Fridge Slide with Tilt for 53 QT portable refrigerator;
(i) Badlands Apex 12000lb winch;
(j) Auxbeam 8 gang switch panel;
(k) remanufactured rack & pinion;
(l) Dobinsons UCAs; and
(m) GX Basecamp comms rail

Going forward, I plan to add a rear fold down table, shower system, bump stops and airbag spring supports (rear), and enhance the back seat for my four-legged co-pilot's enjoyment.
Looks nice. More pictures!!

July 21, 2021. First significant addition: Prinsu/CBI roof rack. Arrived within days after being ordered. No installation shots, but it was straightforward and completed in about an hour.

Don't over torque your screws :rolleyes:

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_4942.jpeg

IMG_4938.jpeg

IMG_4935.jpeg

Nice. I’m guessing that’s the standard wind deflector vs the option for a light bar?
I don’t plan on roof lights, so it would be a good reference

July 2021. Not a vehicle modification, but added the Antidote Clamshell RTT. It was a budget RTT at the time (~$2000). Weighs in at about 155#, 165# with the crossbars. At that weight, it's a pain in the ass to get on the rack by myself and raises rollover concerns on some of the switchback turns on the mountain passes in CO. I plan to move to an Inspire Overland 87# clamshell or something similar in weight eventually. All that said, once it's on, it is convenient: opens up in 30 seconds and closes in a couple minutes or less.

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

A8ACD036-7502-4F31-8863-9AFDB92B7882.jpeg

Nice. I’m guessing that’s the standard wind deflector vs the option for a light bar?
I don’t plan on roof lights, so it would be a good reference
Yes, that's right. I actually may have a local fab shop extend the wind deflector to push the airflow over my tent and hopefully kill some noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom