2006 GX 470 Hill-Start Assist Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Had the car for a few years now and never noticed this before. Today on while waiting at a light on a fairly steep slope, the car began to roll back when I took my foot off the brake. The Anti-skid light came on and made a beeping sound. Also got a bit of the anti-lock brake type vibration. Never had any issues before.....in fact the car never rolled back on me before as I recall. Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you,

Bobby

It’s not a brake hold function. It’s meant to just slow you down enough to get your foot on the gas. Wouldn’t worry about it

It’s not a brake hold function. It’s meant to just slow you down enough to get your foot on the gas. Wouldn’t worry about it
Thank you atlgxguy. The suggestion that it may be the torque converter starting to go had me a bit nervous. I never noticed the issue before today and have been on plenty of hills. Wonder if the system can have a failure.

Thank you atlgxguy. The suggestion that it may be the torque converter starting to go had me a bit nervous. I never noticed the issue before today and have been on plenty of hills. Wonder if the system can have a failure.
Not a torque converter issue. don’t worry about that.it’s just using abs to mitigate it. I have noticed on mine sometimes seems to roll less at times. Too many variables to question why lol

Not a torque converter issue. don’t worry about that.it’s just using abs to mitigate it. I have noticed on mine sometimes seems to roll less at times. Too many variables to question why lol
Lol...too many variables. I hear you there!! That TC suggestion ruined my evening for sure. Wasn't looking forward to that bill.

Definitely not a TC issue. Sounds like normal operations to me. The stability control system can and will activate at low speed when it detects slippage even when coasting (foot off gas and brake). Mine does this quite often when I’m coasting down a slick hill in low gear. It feels similar to atrac engaging. As for hill decent assist, I’ve never tried it in reverse but it does a nice job of creeping forward on downhill slopes.

It's normal. DAC sucks and in the 470s it tends to overheat your brake fluid fairly fast if you are in a real steep situation. If you are in 4L or 4H and in low traction ATRAC will be active in forward moving situations and detect wheel slip and fire ABS. It gets more aggressive with CDL locked since you will have true 4WD vs the torsen limited tcase 4WD we have all the time (CDL unlocked).

Thanks Guys. Turns out it is operating as it should......Guess I just never happened to be in the right circumstance for it to engage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom