2004 Tundra Headlight Struggle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, i have a 2004 Double Cab Tundra and i was looking for some aftermarket headlights but couldn't find any that fit this year and model truck. anyone else had any luck or have any suggestions?

Are you just looking for some better bulbs, or a complete retrofit?
I've found brighter bulbs at almost any Kragen, Auto-Zone, Pep-boys etc.
'04 Limited Crew-Cab 210k Miles

I just installed these on my "05 DC 4WD Limited

I looked at the Phillips brand & off brand kits at pep boys and auto zone , also the local " Thump & Bling Go fast and look kool " shop here in town

Nothing came close to the Lumen output & quality of product factor then these ,

Im still blown away driving at night and all the Reflector material on the street signs Illuminates like a First Responded vehical stripes !

Super Bright LED has not let me down once again

i also installed Cool White #921 Bulbs in my back-up's with great I can actually see things now results

DSCN6079.JPG
DSCN6080.JPG
DSCN6081.JPG
DSCN6082.JPG
DSCN6083.JPG

Sorry to bring this back to life, but any issues with horrible beam pattern with LEDs? I've noticed mine is garbage and there seems to be no direct swap projector solutions for our vehicles.

Retrofit a set of projectors in to the stock housings.

View attachment 1861210

How much of a pain is that to do? I've looked into this in other vehicles, and it requires baking the headlights in the oven to remove the glue and quite a bit of custom work. Not sure if I trust myself with all of that!

Not hard at all. Bake at 225 for 20ish minutes, pry the lenses off, bolt in the projectors through the hole the bulb goes, bake again to soften adhesive, reassemble. Two hours, tops. There's a ton of how-to threads with pictures of every step out there if you Google it. Give The Retrofit Source a call and they can help you out... Their customer service\tech support is the best I've ever experienced.

Hey guys, i have a 2004 Double Cab Tundra and i was looking for some aftermarket headlights but couldn't find any that fit this year and model truck. anyone else had any luck or have any suggestions?

Amazon has had sets on recently. They are good quality for about 1/3 the price of OEM replacements.

I purchased aftermarket all in one units off Amazon as well about a year ago. The original OEM ones were all foggy and yellow. Plan on upgrading the fog lights to aftermarket lasers soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom