2004, Mark Levinson, Lx470, acc wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

I've been cross searching a few Lexus forums and ih8mud for a wiring diagram on the mark levinson amplifier that comes factory with the 2004 lx470. There has been no luck and I have decided to create a thread.

By any chance, does anyone have a wiring diagram of where the ACC wire is?

20190603_211440.jpg

b 20, bottom row, second plug, middle, 22 awg wire, grey.
it's in the first and third posts of the lx non nav thread.

Thanks Jerry, is this the diagram you are referring to? I had to change my keywords in the search to find the exact thread you were pointing me towards. Glad I was able to find it.

Screenshot_20190604-004616_Drive.jpg

i probably should have just said, look at my signature line. you got it though.

No worries! Just a bit more digging on my end. Definitely glad that I am finally getting closer! I'm not very familiar with electrical diagrams, can I ask you to confirm if this is the ACC wire (highlighted and circled in purple).

I also tried to use a multimeter but failed horribly.

20190604_010650.jpg

The best way to confirm pin numbers is to look at the top and bottom corners of the ends of connectors where the wire goes in. There are tiny numbers on there.
It does look like you're correct with the circle.
Also with the diagram you can find the colors of the wires to either side of your target wire and make sure they all match up.
Unplug it and stick a paper clip in the female terminal end of the gray wire and use that with your volt meter and a ground.
There's only one true gray wire though. The pink, brown and violet are the same shades but acc Toyota gray is pretty gray.

Thank you very much. I followed your direction and managed to get everything working. The tip about the numbers on the connector really helped since you don't really notice them unless you look for them.

What are you doing here? I see some blue RCA's so I am guessing you are adding an additional amp? For all speakers or just a sub?

I ask because I just replaced all the speakers (not the sub) in my 04 LX and plan to run the speaker wires out of the front 4 channels of the stock amp into a JL M6600 high level inputs and then out of the JL M6600 to the original speaker wire to my 4 new Apline 6.5's

I've read and read but have yet to pull the seat and start cutting.

I replaced all my speakers and added a mono amp to power a subwoofer in the back. The blue rca is extra cable for the future when I upgrade the head unit (I have nav and HVAC so I can't simply drop in a replacement at the moment).

Which speakers do you use and how do your front speakers sound running off the factory amp?
My rears are awesome but the front's must be running through a factory crossover and have no high or mid-range but they sound 1,000 times better than than the deteriorated stock speakers.

I too plan on swapping out the head unit probably for the Tesla style but I really wish I could just easily swap in a double din unit.

The other option I'm thinking is running a bluetooth to RCA adapter JL Audio MBT-RX and using a "Y" to have two inputs into the amp so I can play the radio or my phone but I'm sure the amp would need adjusted each time I changed inputs since one will be high level and the other low level.... maybe just run the adapter and get an old phone or tablet with a FM receiver and play/stream everything through it.

Front speakers are Focal 165AS3

Rear speakers are Focal 100AC

Subwoofer is a P25F

The rear speakers are a tad bit quiet compared to the fronts. The front speakers sound amazing! I wish I did a comparison to my old speakers but it wouldn't be a good baseline. My subwoofer, 1x woofer, 1x mid panel, and one rear door was shot.

I'm currently still using the factory crossovers and will probably swap them over when I do a head unit and factory amp swap. That way I can make sure I use new wiring in the future.

I also dig the Tesla screen but I think I'm going to wait another year before I pull the trigger. The LX needs new tires and rims soon.

20190524_215921.jpg

Front speakers are Focal 165AS3

Rear speakers are Focal 100AC

Subwoofer is a P25F

The rear speakers are a tad bit quiet compared to the fronts. The front speakers sound amazing! I wish I did a comparison to my old speakers but it wouldn't be a good baseline. My subwoofer, 1x woofer, 1x mid panel, and one rear door was shot.

I'm currently still using the factory crossovers and will probably swap them over when I do a head unit and factory amp swap. That way I can make sure I use new wiring in the future.

I also dig the Tesla screen but I think I'm going to wait another year before I pull the trigger. The LX needs new tires and rims soon.

View attachment 1994568
Hi Pandanoid, although it's been a while, do you recall if the speaker swap (with the ones you chose) was a direct swap, or was fabrication needed to get them all to fit? Thanks!

Hi Pandanoid, although it's been a while, do you recall if the speaker swap (with the ones you chose) was a direct swap, or was fabrication needed to get them all to fit? Thanks!

It required a bit of trimming and dremeling around the OEM receptacles to receive the new speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom