For Sale 2004 LX470 Expo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello - Long time reader. I have decided to build a 200 Series Maltec truck, and would like to sell my 100 series.

I will copy and paste the information from the thread when I purchased the truck last November. This has been an absolutely phenomenal truck, and has absolutely ignited my passion for overland travel, so I have decided to up the ante a bit.

Johnny the previous owner and I have kept in contact, and I have completed 4 successful trips totaling about 10k miles since November. This is a 4th vehicle for me, and sees light Sunday driving or overlanding, and has been maintained and cared for with an open check book. I have a biweekly detailer that comes and washes all my cars, and the 100 gets the same treatment.

This truck is absolutely perfectly setup, and I always thought I would take it to my grave, but the opportunity to get into a dream 200 series has popped up. I have also discovered in my travels, I enjoy more of the camping and out door living more so than the serious off roading, which is prompting the change. I have wheeled this truck up hells gate in Moab and it is highly capable.

Clean car fax, Galactic Gray Mica, no rust, runs great, 188k miles

$29k

dsc_0157-jpg.1546145

This LX was built specifically to replace our expo 80. After using the 80 for several years we decided to relegate that to trail duty and build something more stable and comfortable at highway speeds, while still maintaining excellent off road performance.

dsc_0486-jpg.1546146

The truck has performed flawlessly since we've owned it. It has been across the AZ Strip, the Camino Del Diablo, and recently did a 6K mile cross country trip (didn't use a drop of oil).

History:

I bought the truck from Cos4X4 (2nd owner), here on Mud, in late May of 2014.

20151022_102854-jpg.1546149

This is how the truck was when I bought it:

July 2014 @ 151,735

- Clean Car Fax

- Purchased in Colorado Springs from second owner

- OME torsion bars

- OME 860 rear springs

- OME Nitrocharger Shocks

- 16" LC wheels with 295/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers

- Slee Diff-drop

- Slee Sliders

- Slee Front Skid (aluminum)

- Slee Intermediate skid (aluminum)

- Slee Belly Skid (steel)

Baselined PM:

July 2014 @ 152,781

- Replace engine oil and filter (Mobil 1)

- Drain and fill differentials (Mobil 1)

- Drain and fill transfer case (Mobil 1)

- Drain and fill transmission (Mobil 1)

- Flush coolant

- Replace timing belt

- Replace spark plugs

- Replace CV shafts, boots and seals

- Alignment

July 2014 @ 152,911

- Replace Windshield

June 2015 @ 158,892 (work done at Camelback Toyota)

- Replace Upper Control Arms with SPC adjustable Upper Control Arms

- Replace lower ball joints with 555 (Japanese) ball joints

- Repack wheel bearings

- Replace steering rack (mild seeping from original unit’s seals)

- Alignment

February 2016

- Replace battery with Batteries Plus Group 27F AGM

March 2016 @ 161,000

- BFG 295/75-16 KO2s (rotated and balanced every oil change)

May 2016 @ 162,876 (work done at Slee Off Road)

- ARB Front & Rear Air Lockers

- ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor

- 80 Series Locker Switch

- Replace Outer tie rod ends

- OME 868 rear springs

- SPC Rear Lower HD Control Arms with flex-joint

- Safari Snorkel

- ARB Winch Bar

- ARB LED marker lights

- Warn 9.5 XPs

- Slee Offset Fairlead

- Factor 55 Flatlink Expert winch thimble

- ARB LED High Intensity Lights (fog & spot) wired into OE harness

- Slee second battery tray/ARB compressor mount

- IBS Dual Battery System Controller

- IBS Remote Boost Module Kit

- Military Terminals on both batteries

- Interstate Group 35 AGM Battery as auxiliary (MT7-75DT)

- Slee Dual Pivot Rear Swingout with ladder and jerry can basket

- Replace Rear Driveshaft (slightly out of balance)

- Front and Rear Axle Seals

- Replace radiator hoses

- Replace coolant Ts

- Replace serpentine belt

- Alignment

May 2016 @ 163,757

- Maggiolina Grand Tour,medium (Like new, slept in 10 nights)

- Trekboxx Alpha Drawer, custom unit with 2 drawers on PS (thanks David!)

- ARB 63 Quart Fridge with Wits’ End Coiled Power Cord (thanks Joey!)

- Blue-Sea 12 Circuit Negative Bus Fuse Block mounted in cargo area (4-gauge wire with 100 amp mega fuse to auxiliary battery)

- Marine LED Companionway Light and dual switched Marine USB ports at rear of drawer system

- H3R HalGuard 5 lb. Fire Extinguisher in H3R Extreme Duty Mount

- Front Runner Slimline Roof Rack

- Escape Gear Grey Canvas Seat Covers

January 2017 @ 167,981

- Lubricate Chassis and Suspension

- Complete Inspection

- Rotate and balance tires

May 2017 @170, 377

- Complete inspection

September 2017 @177,190

- Replace engine oil and filter

- Replace air filter (OEM)

- Complete Inspection

April 2018 @ 182k

- Replace engine oil / filter

- Replace rear drive shaft (dented old one, caused a vibration)

- Replace Front Diff fluid, Rear Diff Fluid, Transfer Case fluid

- Replace brake pads, bleed brakes

- Replace power steering fluid

- Replace coolant

June 2018 @ 188k

- Replace engine oil/filter

- Replace Air filter

- Replace Fuel Filter

- Replace Spark Plugs

- Replace Cabin Filter

dsc_0001-jpg.1546151

dsc_0008-jpg.1546152

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

Last edited:
nice rig! GLWS

WOW, a Maltec.....Landcruiserphil just got back from a Maltec outing and he was telling me they are truly an amazing rig. Im sure youre looking forward to that next adventure! Sounds like even with a fully equipped carbon fiber box on the back of the truck, it weighs as much or less than the truck in stock configuration!

In anycase, Im sure this 100 will make someone very happy~

GLWS Looks like a beautiful LX.
Please keep us updated on your future Maltec travels

Wow. This is awesome. GLWS!

Lowered the price given the competition. I'm a realistic seller, so lets talk numbers.

Maybe I'll try my luck on bringatrailer.com

Yea ... I didn't list my last 100 here 'cause this market tends to be very tough on sellers ;). I got $3K over what everyone here swore it was worth (150K 2006 stock galactic LC).

A few months ago someone listed a great rig for sale. They included a pricing breakdown that showed pricing for each mod. Then, they showed the 'value' the seller assigned to the sale. Depending on the demand of that part he'd assign anywhere from like 20-50% retail pricing. This is how I sold my Audi S4 & recouped $5k of a 15k build so personally know it works!

Last edited:
Yeah I realize everyone here is looking for a deal... But the number of trucks that are as complete and turn key as mine that come to market is very low. This isnt a run of the mill 100 with bumpers and sliders. It is turn key, drive it to africa and back. :) I'm in no hurry to sell, I just thought someone may want a complete turn key 100 instead of spending 60k+ over time to build it like this one.

I would love to see what this brings on BringaTrailer. I already own a 100 so let the values increase.
I think the right buyer will come along.
Incredibly well maintained.

Yea ... I didn't list my last 100 here 'cause this market tends to be very tough on sellers ;). I got $3K over what everyone here swore it was worth (150K 2006 stock galactic LC).

A few months ago someone listed a great rig for sale. They included a pricing breakdown that showed pricing for each mod. Then, they showed the 'value' the seller assigned to the sale. Depending on the demand of that part he'd assign anywhere from like 20-50% retail pricing. This is how I sold my Audi S4 & recouped $5k of a 15k build so personally know it works!

If someone is assigning 20 to 50% of retail on bolt ons and add ons that seems right to me. However quite a few people here are often looking for 100 percent of retail or thereabouts. I tell you the 100 market is tough for buyers also. Plenty of sellers seem to think their bolt ons are made of gold but their deferred maintenance shouldn't detract at all from their ask. Just my opinion and I've been wrong at least once in my life so who knows.

None of this should be construed as a comment on this seller or posting as there obviously isn't deferred maintenance and I honestly have no idea on the value of this rig. Just wanted to reply to this particular comment. Sorry for digressing on OP's for sale thread and hope BAT brings good results.

If someone is assigning 20 to 50% of retail on bolt ons and add ons that seems right to me. However quite a few people here are often looking for 100 percent of retail or thereabouts. I tell you the 100 market is tough for buyers also. Plenty of sellers seem to think their bolt ons are made of gold but their deferred maintenance shouldn't detract at all from their ask. Just my opinion and I've been wrong at least once in my life so who knows.

None of this should be construed as a comment on this seller or posting as there obviously isn't deferred maintenance and I honestly have no idea on the value of this rig. Just wanted to reply to this particular comment. Sorry for digressing on OP's for sale thread and hope BAT brings good results.

No doubt this is the case. I'd say my price reflects assigning 20% of the add ons and associated installation cost + the price of a very clean and exceptionally well maintained 2004 LX470.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom