2004 intermittent NAV screen issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2004 100 series landcruiser. It in regards to the main control screen and radio in dash. The radio will turn off all by itself. Then other times it will work just fine. The main control screen will go dormant at times. If I hit one of the heat/air/radio station buttons it will light up. Sometimes the heat/air will turn on and sometimes it won't. Then other times it will work just fine. Nothing is consistent. Has anyone come across this before or have any suggestions? I have had a Toyota dealership look at it along with 2 other mechanics and they can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I don’t have any knowledge to help you with your radio, but I recommend you change your title to reflect the problem. You have a much better chance of getting a helpful response. Make sure you try the search function as well.

Last summer, I had an issue with my head unit. The physical buttons were inoperable (the strip of buttons under the nav screen). After a few weeks of troubleshooting, the dealer determined I had a bad gateway ECU. This fixed my problem. They also replaced the multi-function display with a refurbished version, but that didn’t fix my issue unfortunately. Hope this helps some.

Last summer, I had an issue with my head unit. The physical buttons were inoperable (the strip of buttons under the nav screen). After a few weeks of troubleshooting, the dealer determined I had a bad gateway ECU. This fixed my problem. They also replaced the multi-function display with a refurbished version, but that didn’t fix my issue unfortunately. Hope this helps some.
Thank you so much for the feed back.

Above your first post to the right of "unwatch" is a drop down menu. From there you can edit post and change the title.
Thank you.

Is there a way to test the ECU to determine if it's the problem? Or would I have to take it to the dealership for that? I am trying to avoid dealing with the dealership if at all possible.

I had the same problem with my 2004 that I bought new, after about three years. Same fix. Oh, and the CD changer will die next.

I had the same problem with my 2004 that I bought new, after about three years. Same fix. Oh, and the CD changer will die next.
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Thank you for responding. It's a big help. I appreciate it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom