SOLD 2003 Lexus LX 470 - 74K miles, Texas kept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
White
Hi all, Im selling a 2003 LX 470 that I've had for a little less than 9 months and I've put about . I bought the car for my wife but she doesn't drive it much partly due to covid and partly due to the sheer size of it. I can't use it as my commute is 100+ miles a day.

I bought the car from a local dealer here in Houston. at 65K ish miles. It's been in Houston all its life as far as I can tell. No undercarriage rust.

The car does have an accident report on Carfax, the dealer I got it from thinks it's a rear bumper fender bender just because bumper looks like it's been replaced.

Servicing done by me since I've had the car:
New battery
New alternator
Valve cover gasket replaced
Hood struts replaced
New timing belt at 72K miles
Brake fluid replacement
All speakers have been replaced with Alpine, and I also added a Bluetooth receiver as well as a new Kenwood sub and amp.

Known flaws:
Bumpers, front and rear has some body damage ( I didn't care and bought the car with it) - included in pics
Brake booster / master cylinder will likely need to be replaced soon - I've had the booster noise come up a few times and posted it here when it first happened, but I haven't heard it in months. I've taken it two indy shops and it's not reproducible at all and just happens very randomly. Forum posters here have pointed out that it's likely the Brake booster that will need to be replaced; I was going to replace it with timing belt change, but it was never reproducible and car's been driving fine so I've left it alone. Car's now just sitting in the driveway and would do much better in the hands of someone else who has time to rig this out enjoy it.

Asking $21.5K.

IMG_20200712_095334.jpg

IMG_20200712_095320.jpg

IMG_20200712_095412.jpg

IMG_20200712_095423.jpg

IMG_20200712_095352.jpg

Price update - $18.9k , firm on price.

One of the mudders was kind enough to share his PPI here so I've attached it. For those that are worried about brake booster, totally a valid concern and I'm selling the car discounted with that and other future fixes in mind . That said, I've been driving the LX almost everyday and no issues thus far. I just wanted to be transparent with future buyer.
Screenshot_20210220-120220~2.jpg

Based on that PPI, does anyone have ballpark numbers for those repairs? Interior looks good, only one owner really, considering. Not a lot of chatter on this one, What am I missing?

What am I missing?
Nothing.

I considered it right after New Years. Seemed appropriately priced then, seller was professional in PM convo's, the doc's he sent looked good, the truck is 10 miles from me (never viewed in person)... it's just that white paint on an LC/LX just doesn't suite me no matter how good everything else is. Given the record BaT sales on low milers like this recently and the escalating WANTED requests coming into this forum from newbies, I too don't get why this doesn't get more discussion!

Brake booster issue will take about $1000 in parts plus labor. Other issues (brake calipers, CV axles etc) would be another $2k.
Body and bumper damage doesn't look too bad.
I am just scratching my head why there hasn't been more interest in this truck!

3/20 Lexus maintenance says this:

Has this been fixed?

"
SERVICE: MISC. OPERATION
DESCRIPTION: MISC. OPERATION ~|~CUSTOMER STATES TURN OFF FUNCTION THAT EXTENDS STEERING WHEEL ~|~MISC. OPERATION ~|~CUSTOMER STATES UNABLE TO ADJUST DRIVERS SEAT ~|~
SERVICE: MPI
DESCRIPTION: MPI ~|~CUSTOMER STATES WORLD CLASS INSPECTION ~|~
SERVICE: N
DESCRIPTION: N ~|~CUSTOMER STATES VEHICLE FEELS BUMPY GOING AT SLOWER SPEEDS, TEST DRIVE WITH TECH ~|~ "

At 42,000 miles:
2208 RIGHT REAR AND RIGHT FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER LEAKING HYDRAULIC FLUID

Are any shocks leaking now?

Lastly, PPI says CV boots leaking both sides. In Lexus service at 42k miles, CV boots were leaking than too.

3/20 Lexus maintenance says this:

Has this been fixed?

"
SERVICE: MISC. OPERATION
DESCRIPTION: MISC. OPERATION ~|~CUSTOMER STATES TURN OFF FUNCTION THAT EXTENDS STEERING WHEEL ~|~MISC. OPERATION ~|~CUSTOMER STATES UNABLE TO ADJUST DRIVERS SEAT ~|~
SERVICE: MPI
DESCRIPTION: MPI ~|~CUSTOMER STATES WORLD CLASS INSPECTION ~|~
SERVICE: N
DESCRIPTION: N ~|~CUSTOMER STATES VEHICLE FEELS BUMPY GOING AT SLOWER SPEEDS, TEST DRIVE WITH TECH ~|~ "

At 42,000 miles:
2208 RIGHT REAR AND RIGHT FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER LEAKING HYDRAULIC FLUID

Are any shocks leaking now?

Lastly, PPI says CV boots leaking both sides. In Lexus service at 42k miles, CV boots were leaking than too.
Seats are working, got em fixed.
As far as as the CV boot leaks - not sure if the 42k one was never fixed or if it recurred, but yes there are leaks there. It was likely there when I bought the car but I never got em checked. AHC works well.

not sure if the 42k one was never fixed or if it recurred

At 42k the boots were replaced. Apparently the owner brought one CV boot in with him! Along with spark plugs and filters, as indicated here, but also other parts... including tranny fluid! I can just imagine the look on the tech's faces... who the hell brings their own ATF to a Lexus dealership?

View attachment 2604650

1615008228564.png

At 42k the boots were replaced. Apparently the owner brought one CV boot in with him! Along with spark plugs and filters, as indicated here, but also other parts... including tranny fluid! I can just imagine the look on the tech's faces... who the hell brings their own ATF to a Lexus dealership?

View attachment 2604650
So boots went bad in another 30 k Miles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom